“Cultural Dancers”

Nyani Cultural Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the rhythm of the African heart beat with the sound of the beating drums, in the colorful tribal dances and tastes of traditional aromatic African food. Awaken your senses at the Nyani Cultural Village.
Reviewed 10 October 2016

The passion, enthusiasm and enjoyment of the dancers is infectious, loads of rhythm and energy! Recommended for everyone.

2  Thank Caryn B

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Our tour group of nine was staying at Jackalberry Lodge when I asked the front desk person if a visit to Nyani could be arranged. After some calling around, a performance was set for later that day, and a van came to transport us to and from the cultural village. We were all thrilled with the high-energy, enthusiastic performances at the thatched-roof theatre, and the chance to learn about the culture and history of these people. At the end of the hour-long show, some of our group got on stage and joined in a dance. Then we retired to the adjacent re-creation of a village, where we learned even more. One of our group was invited to engage in brief swordplay, and I was chosen to be "king" for a while, perhaps because I thought my wife was worth the extravagant price of 12 cows! I'm glad we took the time to learn more about the people here, and didn't just stick with the safari-drive routine.

1  Thank Robert N
Reviewed 8 June 2016

The history of the Africans as told in dance. The dancers have endless energy. I loved the show which lasted over 90 minutes. At the end of the show they invite the audience to join them in a dance. After their dances they give you a tour of a traditional South African village.

1  Thank SThomp3488
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Our family really enjoyed the cultural show at the Nyani Cultural Village. The performers were all very enthusiastic and welcoming and made a wonderful event, even with a small audience. The dances, songs, custumes are authentic and all tell a story. There was interaction with the visitors, both during the show (drumming, dancing) and during the village tour, where the stories were told of marriages and daily lives in the tribal villages. We also had a very delicious lunch, in the traditional way. Some cooked worms are part of it - which you may or may not try. It is a show to be visited! Personally I found it difficult to find out how to book a show, but Maureen Lahoud is the person to contact. She is an excellent coordinator and quick to respond. maureenlahoud@gmail.com / +27 83 785 5354

2  Thank jackie-s-nc
Reviewed 9 April 2016

This was an amazing place! The performance was incredible - gave me goosebumps and the performers are exuberant! A true African experience. Great for all ages. If you are near Hoedspruit you must go!

1  Thank angc301
Maureen L, Owner at Nyani Cultural Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Sincere thanks from myself and the team. Your enjoyment and satisfaction of our performance increases our passion to please everyone who comes to visit Nyani Cultural Village.