“Amazing experience!”

Nyani Cultural Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the rhythm of the African heart beat with the sound of the beating drums, in the colorful tribal dances and tastes of traditional aromatic African food. Awaken your senses at the Nyani Cultural Village.
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband was skeptical at attending this, but turns out we had an amazing time! Great introduction of the area's history shown through music and dance, and traditional food (complete with cooked worm!). Very unknown - a hidden gem!

There are newer reviews for Nyani Cultural Village

Reviewed 1 January 2017

This is a must for anyone visiting the Kruger area. It is under-priced and over delivers.
The energy and enthusiasm of the performers would not be out of place on a West End stage and the visit to the village is informative and fun.
To give you some idea of how good this experience it is my two kids (9 and 12) rated this show as better than riding,brushing and meeting elephants earlier the same day!!

I cannot recommend this highly enough, it has to be one of the hidden gems in the area.

Perfect!!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

The passion, enthusiasm and enjoyment of the dancers is infectious, loads of rhythm and energy! Recommended for everyone.

1  Thank Caryn B
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Our tour group of nine was staying at Jackalberry Lodge when I asked the front desk person if a visit to Nyani could be arranged. After some calling around, a performance was set for later that day, and a van came to transport us to and from the cultural village. We were all thrilled with the high-energy, enthusiastic performances at the thatched-roof theatre, and the chance to learn about the culture and history of these people. At the end of the hour-long show, some of our group got on stage and joined in a dance. Then we retired to the adjacent re-creation of a village, where we learned even more. One of our group was invited to engage in brief swordplay, and I was chosen to be "king" for a while, perhaps because I thought my wife was worth the extravagant price of 12 cows! I'm glad we took the time to learn more about the people here, and didn't just stick with the safari-drive routine.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

The history of the Africans as told in dance. The dancers have endless energy. I loved the show which lasted over 90 minutes. At the end of the show they invite the audience to join them in a dance. After their dances they give you a tour of a traditional South African village.