“Worthy experience”

Nyani Cultural Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the rhythm of the African heart beat with the sound of the beating drums, in the colorful tribal dances and tastes of traditional aromatic African food. Awaken your senses at the Nyani Cultural Village.
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Its not your local everyday show. It is a build up of many cultures and the true meaning of dance and story telling. Well worth visiting, meet the people share thier passion and join in a meal. Its all a worthy cause. I will be back time and time again. Do yourself a favor, if the people and culture of the people grab your interest then go to the village. And if it is not at the top of your list, still go , you will enjoy it. Thank you imagine africa safaris for recommending it and guiding us through our Safari. Your services come highly recommended.

1  Thank Richard v
Maureen L, Owner at Nyani Cultural Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you so much Richard, this comment means so much to my team and even more to me. Although this project aims to provide a cultural experience for visitors to Limpopo, it also aims to up-skill and provide job opportunities for local artists in order to earn a sustainable income through performance. However, my team simply LOVE entertaining every guest that visits Nyani Cultural Village. Their passion is contagious and I am delighted that you felt it. I am so proud of each member of my group, for making you feel welcome and special, because you are. We really have a dynamic culture and interesting history, so thank you that you enjoyed the experience and have shared such a wonderful review with the world. Sincere thanks from myself and my team

Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband was skeptical at attending this, but turns out we had an amazing time! Great introduction of the area's history shown through music and dance, and traditional food (complete with cooked worm!). Very unknown - a hidden gem!

1  Thank zoemadiwilliams
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This is a must for anyone visiting the Kruger area. It is under-priced and over delivers.
The energy and enthusiasm of the performers would not be out of place on a West End stage and the visit to the village is informative and fun.
To give you some idea of how good this experience it is my two kids (9 and 12) rated this show as better than riding,brushing and meeting elephants earlier the same day!!

I cannot recommend this highly enough, it has to be one of the hidden gems in the area.

Perfect!!

1  Thank Ivan L
Reviewed 10 October 2016

The passion, enthusiasm and enjoyment of the dancers is infectious, loads of rhythm and energy! Recommended for everyone.

2  Thank Caryn B
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Our tour group of nine was staying at Jackalberry Lodge when I asked the front desk person if a visit to Nyani could be arranged. After some calling around, a performance was set for later that day, and a van came to transport us to and from the cultural village. We were all thrilled with the high-energy, enthusiastic performances at the thatched-roof theatre, and the chance to learn about the culture and history of these people. At the end of the hour-long show, some of our group got on stage and joined in a dance. Then we retired to the adjacent re-creation of a village, where we learned even more. One of our group was invited to engage in brief swordplay, and I was chosen to be "king" for a while, perhaps because I thought my wife was worth the extravagant price of 12 cows! I'm glad we took the time to learn more about the people here, and didn't just stick with the safari-drive routine.

1  Thank Robert N