All reviews martini bay splash grill martini bar london bridge one bedroom suite spiral staircase boat slips boat tour movie theater spring break english village full kitchen jacuzzi tub jet ski living area colorado river las vegas
Reviewed May 12, 2012

London Bridge resort is a clean hotel, located right by the river and has a friendly staff. After reading a few of the hotel's reviews I was concerned about staying there. However I realized the negative reviewers traveled through spring break when the town is booked with college students. My advise is to research before traveling to ensure an enjoyable vacation. I will definitely be returning to Lake Havasu and look forward to staying at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the review and thanks for giving us a shot after all! I'm glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. Spring Break is challenging for any hotel in Lake Havasu.

I look forward to your return!

Thanks again,
Kristina Gallo

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I let some time pass before writing a review of the London Bridge Resort to make sure I had a balanced perspective of our stay. Our one-week stay was in the middle of winter, when the climate was nearly perfect and the spring breakers were nowhere to be seen. Our stay came about as a result of a swap from a normally plush Marriott time share. We wanted a vacation for relaxing and exploring that did not require a plane flight.

Even though we did not have a boat, there were plenty of things to do and explore. We went on a wonderful sunset cruise of the lake, took several desert hikes, visited several birding sites, and explored other local sights including some dusty towns on Route 66.. My wife worked on her watercolor paintings while I caught up on my Spanish class homework. So, the vacation itself was great. We had a very good time.

The resort is right in the middle of town, near many restaurants, The London Bridge is directly to the back, although we had mixed feelings about this rather artificial contrivance. There are great walking trails in the area and no lack of outdoors activities. We usually ate breakfast and lunch in while venturing out for dinner. Our unit was at far end from the resort’s restaurant and bar scene, so we did not have any problem with noise (this was a big problem we were told). Our room had two bedrooms, a common bath in between, a living room, a small pocket kitchen, a second bathroom, and a sun deck. The sun deck was simply great at this time of the year but probably only usable at night during the warm months.

The room seemed to be in serious need of a remodel. I would guess that it had not be updated in 10-15 years. The rest of the resort had the same feeling. Some things did not work or were annoying. The main pool closed for maintenance. The midsize refrigerator rattles when it ran. The tub/shower drain could not keep up with the high flow showerheads and you always stood in dirty water. A short shower would exhaust the hot water. There were 2 burners for cooking, a dish washer, a 3 person table (but only 2 chairs) in the kitchen, and small microwave, but no oven. The refrigerator and coffee maker were in the living room. You will have a difficult time feeding more than 4 people in our unit.

We had a good orientation meeting for timeshare owners where vendors presented their excursions. The activities director, Cathy Bullen, was wonderful. She also led us on a walking tour of the area and set up some activities. Our dinner at the resort’s Martini Bay restaurant was average and coincided with a lingerie show. Nearby restaurants within walking distance would be better choices. Prices in this city are very reasonable. The water tastes bad and everybody buys drinking water. Large Safeway and Bashar grocery stories are within short driving distance.

Overall, the vacation was lots of fun, but the resort is tired and in need of renovation. However, this is not a town where posh resorts abound. Another choice is to rent a house, which we were told were plentiful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankyee
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The London Bridge Resort is located on Queens Bay at Lake Havasu City, Arizona and includes a view of the old London Bridge. The total decor is English Tudor throughout, plus a replica of a Royal Coach in the center of the lobby. Attention to detail is stunning. The resort property features winding walkways, manicured grounds, and hidden gardens. We entered our room to discover a suite in a truly remarkable setting. It was a sunny January with warm temperatures so we could enjoy the 2nd. Annual Havasu Island Balloon Festival. Yes, the sunrise assent of balloons floated directly over the hotel practically nudging the roof. This is a grand resort when you need to enjoy warmth in January.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at London Bridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Hi Gene,
Thank you for choosing the London Bridge Resort and I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our property. Seeing the Balloon Festival from the resort is something to be seen! I myself enjoyed watching all the hot air balloons touch down in the bridgewater channel. I hope to see you next year for the 3rd. annual Balloon Festival in January.

Kristina Gallo
Hotel Manager and Director of Guest Experience

Reviewed April 21, 2012

For a resort with a hefty over $200 a night, We got a dingy room with the parking lot view, staiend chairs, and outdated bathroom. The shower ceiling paint was peeling due to leakage from upper floor. Towells were old and grey rather than white! Utenciles and glasses were old and stained. upon our arrival we asked for extra blankets, it took them one hour and half and three phone calls before delivering them. Everything about the room was old and over used and dirty looking. The so called included breakfast is so bad, we decided to go some where else. The hotel manager was missing in action! The hotel staff kept telling us she is not available at the moment, I don't think there was any on duty manager at all. We should have read the reviews before booking in this hotel. It is sooo over priced for its accommodations.

Room Tip: Just stay away from this Hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saman9840
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have 4 kids, and we booked a 2 bedroom suite over spring break to have plenty of room (paid top dollar too). When we arrived, they said they didn't have a suite available, and would give us two, non-adjoining rooms. That doesn't work very well with young kids! We asked if we just took one room, if they would refund us some money, and they said no, since we booked through travelocity. I had also picked this hotel for the pools and waterslide. But, since it had been cold that morning (the afternoon warmed up), they had closed the water slide for the entire day. Very disappointing! On top of all that disappointment, drunk people were walking throughout the hallways all night long! Be prepared for loud, drunks all night long! Very noisy...not good for kids! At 10:30 pm, my husband and I heard a scratching at the door. Thinking it was someone drunk, we opened the door, and it was a facility worker cleaning the doors. Very strange! The only good thing to say about thie hotel, is the location is great!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family