“party "no" safety, security, serenity "YES” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sand Point Marina RV Resort

Sand Point Marina RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Havasu City
Sand Point Marina RV Resort
murrieta
“party "no" safety, security, serenity "YES”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

We have been loyal sandpoint RVers for over 26 years now and i have along with the rest of you seen the park up and down as for staff and appearence. The staff at times has had a rough attitude but havent we all? None the less when in business the customer should be "KING" at all times after all we pay your salary! Not saying the customer has the right to be rude either lets all keep that in mind. Sandpoint is a quiet safe subdude place which is exactly what a vacationer is looking for.Sandpoint does not allow loud parties, unruley campers to exist in the park. what i assume from the reviews i read is the party crowd does not like Sandpoint. GREAT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. in the 26 years i have been going to Sandpoint i have NEVER been treated rudely, unfairly or disconcerningly by the staff or management. I do agree with reviewers the park does need so maintenance upgrades for appearance. The sites are always clean when i get there and all hookups work all the time. LISA bring back discounts for Striper Derby anglers like in the past. I do recommend this park to all my friends who are looking for a peaceful secure place to camp.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mauricec1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

This is not your place if you or your travel companions require high maintenance. However if you enjoy sitting around in shorts, T shirt and flip flops, going for a swim, appreciate a cold beverage when it's a 110 and participate in either trivial or a more engaging fine conversation at the pub/restaurant/beach then this is the place for you. The views are breathtaking, especially site 3,5 and 7 ( and they are close to the beach, people are refreshingly uncomplicated and friendly and the staff is very helpfull. Sandpoint has been a regular stop on our yearly 2 month walk about since 2006 and has never disapointed us or our 3 kids. Swimming, snorkeling, sun bathing, a hike with the dogs, barbecuing and a dozen other activities have kept us coming back.
We have been and are interested in making an investment in a Rv resort in Mohave County and but have not been able to find anything remotely similar to the Sandpoint Marina with it's fantastic location, facilities and ambiance.
Willem Kemper/Vancouver/September 2010

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank wkemper
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

My family has been going to Sandpoint for 30+ years now we have seen many people in management come and go. I really once enjoyed the place, we come here twice a year. I can remember when "OUR" group was 100+ strong; we would sleep in tents, lounge chairs and trailers. Oh and that is not including family and friends staying in Cattail Cove. When I had asked DOT (Staff) why is there no tent camping she explained to me it was a health reason or sanitary issue. Ok, so why is ok for Cattail Cove and other campsites up and down the river (on the AZ side) to have tents in their camp ground. The reson I bring this up is because I rather sleep in a tent than a trailer especially those trailers. I do admit they update them with new fridges and other appliances. But why doesnt the camp ground invest in trailers. I remember after Memorial Weekend on that Tuesday as we pack up and head back to California you can stand on one side of the camp ground and clearly see the other side. Now it has turned into a trailer park almost. Granted I understand that Snow Birds come in during the winter time and stay months at a time but why cant we have new trailers & tent camping again? I know this camp ground makes money with the rates being charged. The other thing is, the play ground. There used to be more things in that area for kids to play on. Also, why isn't the horseshoe pits and shuffle board maintained over by the restrooms? Arcade games, pool tables? What happen to that room? It looks like a lot of those amenities are long gone. I remember when the picture board was up where a girl and guy can stick their heads through and it was a guy skiing and girl in a bathing suit painted on. There are a lot of questions I'm sure some Sandpoint goers would like to know. I know for a fact if this camp ground, modernized its amenities and trailers you would get more people to stay at Sandpoint and you sure wouldn't get those types of reviews. See I look at it this way Jim & Becky "The View" have a great place with good food and bar with karaoke and with a little investment this place would be what it once was....Great. Im 30 yrs old I know have a family and I would like to bring them here but I want it more family orianted not "SnowBird" orianted. I see there is a lot of activities going on during the winter months for the Snow Birds. Why can't there be more things to do for kids and adults that come here during the summer months? I know there are three big holidays and everything else in between during the summer. So Lisa my advise to you is really look into this and not just at face value, this campground used to be fun but with outdated trailers and poor customer service it will continue to get poor reviews and no new customers. Listen to what people have to say about Sandpoint...they're right 100%. If you really would like to discuss my concerns about what I have wrote, please resond to this blog because I rated the camp ground at an "Average" which I know it can be "Very Good" or "Excellent" if you address people's concerns and show that you do care, you would. Thank You!

• Stayed June 2009
3 Thank RiverRat65
MarinaBallerina, General Manager at Sand Point Marina RV Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
First, let me thank your "family" for 30+ years of patronage to Sandpoint. Many of our guests have a long history with us which has resulted in them becoming "annual" guests. Sandpoint values both its winter and summer clientelle even though each has different expectations during their respective stays. I am sure that if you asked anyone, any business, they would tell you that times were different for them 30 years ago. Sandpoint has not had the luxury of existing in a time capsule and has had to comply with the ever changing rules and regulations that have presented themselves from a long list of regulatory agencies over the past three decades. Although some of our guests may not agree with those changes, Sandpoint is left, nonetheless, with the task of being in full compliance of all State and Federal Laws and Regulations. Tent Camping is one of those issues. According to the new regulation, all tent sites must exist within 200 feet of a public restroom. Only a very few sites at Sandpoint fall within the 200 foot maximum and many of those sites were rented seasonally by existing guests. In lieu of this, Sandpoint's management and owners opted to not apply for the permit for tent camping that was now required. Cattail Cove is not required to comply with this health regulation as they are owned by the State and the State's requirements supersede a county regulation. If a guest at Sandpoint brings in their own self-contained rig they may put a tent on the site with them as the rig's bathroom fills the 200 foot requirement. Many of our guests did not find this adjustment to be difficult and sites with both rigs and tents together are common. I can't speak for the other campsites up and down the river. As far as our trailers, Sandpoint is not trying to be a trailer park. At the request of our guests, prior management found a way to provide affordable accomodations for guests not wanting to sleep in tents or on the ground. The majority of our guests recognize that they are here for the Lake and find our solution to "glamorized camping" to be adequate for their needs. Many guests actually find the trailers to be nastalgic as they remember what camping was like back in the 60's and 70's. Your point about "that room" leads me to believe that you are referring to the Rec Room. Our snowbird guests use that room daily during the winter months as well as the horseshoe pit and pool room. During the summer, the Rec Room has arcade games, and the horseshoe pit is less used due to the heat and the draw of the Lake. The View has a pool table. The winter guests completely manage their own activities with committies and calendars. Sandpoint does not dictate how our guests should spend their time while here. The summer guests are equally free to plan and execute activities similiar to the winter guests as long as the activity has been approved by Sandpoint and Cattail Cove State Park and it does not violate any State or Federal Laws or Regulations.

I am sorry that you can not hear the positive comments that I hear on a daily basis from guests. Sandpoint is trying very hard to make the Park nicer and safer for everyone. I have provided my personal phone number and e-mail address to every Park guests so that they can contact me at any time with comments or concerns. Although it is impossible to please everyone, I do believe that the majority of our guests are happy and do not feel as you do! Sandpoint does not try to compete with our high-end counterparts but, instead, offers a down-to-earth, affordable, laid-back stay where friendship and nature are more to their liking.

Because Sandpoint has to function under both State, State Parks and Federal jurisdiction, there are a lot of rules. Unfortunately, despite the fact that these rules are provided at check-in, not all guests remember or agree with them. The staff does not make it a point to be rude to any guest but is still burdened with the responsibility to make sure that the rules and regulations are followed. This, sadly, makes some guests view the situation as rude as they do not understand why they must comply.

I have been listening to what our guests are saying and apparently, Becky, what I am hearing and what you are hearing are markedly different. Although I regret any negative sentiment from our guests, I think that the positive that doesn't make it to this venue also has merit. I regret that you feel this way, perhaps a change IS in order.

Most Sincerely,

Lisa Lepree, General Manager
Lake Elsinore Ca.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2009

Just got back from Sandpoint, 10-9-09 -10-12-09 (Columbus Weekend)
Very disappointed, I was reluctant to go in the first place because of the cost, $135.00 a night for park model front row, and $90.00 - $110 (average) for A beater of a trailer, that as paid for itself time and time again. We have been Going here for 17 years, and took 9 years off, to return to a junk pile.
The reason I say that is, in the past there was only a few camp host (full time) Spots, now Sandpoint rents spots out Weekly / Monthly so everybody leaves All their junk behind when they go home (Boats / golf carts / Vehicles / BBQ’s/ hanging pots flowers/ fake carpet and so on) in front of the trailers, also the park is becoming a boat storage, a few boats are parked across from the front row looking towards Parker, just what I want to look at.
Sandpoint used to be very strict about leaving stuff in front of trailers, they used make you park your boat in a slip or in the trailer parking by the boat ramp, which is almost full due to it being turned full time boat storage. There were very few people there this weekend, I’m sure it’s because of the economy, and the cost of Staying at this place, it will coast an average family of 3 from California around $800.00 to $1000.00 dollars for lodging / food / gas for a 3 day weekend.
Now we will be looking elsewhere, for a cheaper newer and cleaner resort.
I will go back, however not as much as we did before, and if I find another
Resort, we will not be BACK!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
      Rooms
2 Thank Katie9595
MarinaBallerina, General Manager at Sand Point Marina RV Resort, responded to this review, 16 October 2009
Sandpoint does not use "camp hosts" and has offered daily/weekly/monthly rates for over 2 decades. Many of our guests go to great lengths and a considerable amount of money to dress-up their sites and make them feel like home. We do not have an age restriction on rigs that can stay in our Park like some of the other RV Parks in Lake Havasu. The majority of our guests have very nice rigs, nice boats and relatively new golf carts. I am unaware of any guest site that would qualify as a "junk pile."

The boat parking in the direction of "Parker" you are referring to is Cattail Cove State Park which is next door to us. That very expensive parking area was built to adequately serve all of the guests to the State Park and is not a part of Sandpoint.

In the past few years guests have found it financially difficult to haul their boats back and forth and have opted to leave them in boat storage which has been in exactly the same place since 1976. Sandpoint offers boat storage and has never "required" that a boat be put into a slip.

Hundreds of "repeat" guests return each year specifically requesting both the Park Models and one of the "beaters of a trailer." The cost of a motel room in town, parking, launching and wait time in line to get to a launch ramp would add up to more than the cost of our rental units. At Sandpoint, you get free parking and no launch fees, no waiting and no fees to park on your site.

Sandpoint is an older facility. Our Park Models and trailers offer guests a safer and more confortable method of camping. The majority of guests enjoy Sandpoint's rustic charm and seem very pleased to be here. I am sorry that you were unhappy during your return visit. It is my wish that all our guests are happy and want to return. However, some prefer a more upscale facility when vacationing and perhaps Sandpoint is not what you are looking for. If I might recommend Crazy Horse or the Islander which sit right on the Island in Lake Havasu. Both of which are known for being very popular or Havasu Springs located South of Sandpoint on the way to Parker. Their facility is also very nice.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Havasu City hotels

Redding, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

This has to be the worst place in AZ! The campground is half empty now, you used to need reservations just to get in. If you pay for a month and leave a couple of days early then they revert to a daily charge that will cost you hundreds, even though you have paid for a month.
They don't care if you ever come back. The staff is extremely rude if you complain about anything, they just don't care.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank yale11
MarinaBallerina, General Manager at Sand Point Marina RV Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2009
Sandpoint offers nightly, weekly and monthly rates. If you make a reservation for a month and then choose to leave early, it is perfectly reasonable that your rates would revert to weekly and/or daily to best fit your actual stay and that you would be expected to pay the rate that applied. Many of our guests choose to stay for a month because of the discounted rate and it wouldn't be fair to them if we allowed some guests to "leave early" and still receive the discount. If any member of our staff is considered "rude" because they upheld our company policy when a guest is insistant on not-complying with them, I apologise. Our staff does try to be as accommodating as possible. As far as our occupancy being "half" of what it used to be, I think our current ecomony explains that. Statistic for both local and national vacation and recreation based businesses have shown a decline in business for the past three years.
Santa Ana, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2009

We wanted to get away form it all and do nothing.
This is a hidden gem with a great view of the water. loved taking pictures and just kicking back.

warm weather, good bergers, cool beer and a brilliant view. just what the doctor ordered
if I had a boat this would be the place to launch it.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank uscato
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2008

Sand Point Marina has played a major role in our family camping trips for over 2 decades. This is a place to go if your looking for serenity and beautify sceneries!!! The staff has been wonderful each and every year. We have been camping here year after year since I was about 7 years old. The boating and fishing are always good. The scenery is magnificent and a short walking distance to the waterfront makes it all worth while. The campsite is a little old, but we like it that way. We always know what we are coming back to with no surprises.

Stayed October 2007
24.8 km away
BEST WESTERN Parker Inn
19.3 km away
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiums
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiu...
#7 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
22.2 km away
Lake Havasu Travelodge
Lake Havasu Travelodge
#1 of 24 in Lake Havasu City

Been to Sand Point Marina RV Resort? Share your experiences!