“Dinner ”

Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: View details
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Orange Restaurant opened its doors in the Summer of 2007. Situated in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga approximately 60km from the Kruger National Park, it boasts with the most magnificent views of the Lowveld escarpment.Imagine yourself surrounded by sophisticated decor, white linen and over-sized napkins enjoying fine-dining cuisine prepared by passionate and experienced chefs.This ideal restaurant is also the perfect venue for weddings, conferences, and other special occasions & events.
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant looks very upmarket, the decor and seating arrangement is simple yet elegant. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was very nice.

Date of visit: March 2019
LEE-ANN B, Owner at Orange Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear Iris

Thank you kindly for your lovely review.I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Lee-Ann :)

Write a reviewReviews (618)

Reviewed April 1, 2019

This restaurant overlooks the town of Nelspruit and has a beautiful panoramic view. The food was very good, service was good and the staff very friendly.

Dear Gibbs Family

It was lovely to have you as our guests and we really appreciate your lovely review.Hope to see you again soon.

Lee-Ann :)

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

I have been waiting to come here for ages and was so so disappointed. Food was ok but the arrogance of the waitresses was absolutely horrendous. We spent close on R6k on our bill and the attitude was terrible. Won’t hurry back

1  Thank tessmack18
LEE-ANN B, Owner at Orange Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

Dear Tess

I am really sorry you feel that ALL my hostesses are arrogant and "horrendous" as they are known for there extreme professional and friendly service.We remember your table and as I recall nothing they did was to your liking but what is interesting is that the other guests seemed very happy and the gentleman that actually paid the bill still thanked my ladies for a great evening??

Lee-Ann

Reviewed March 6, 2019

As international travellers we thought we would try oranges but unfortunately this restau rant does not live upto any standard the food was very poor both in cooking and presentation and the service of the waitresses was just as bad. The restaurant owner clearly needs to travel a bit or even pop to the Cape where you will find the top fine dinning restaurants in South Africa and the staff need to stop swanning around in short black dresses with little knowledge of the service industry. The view is what keeps this restart going. Go see by all means but you will get a much better meal at any of the big franchises at a third of the price.

4  Thank KJS8612

Dear Reviewer

I remember your table clearly that night and I still returned the food you sent back to your table personally.I do humbly apologise for the food not being up to standard that night and I totally agree it could have been better presented but unforunately our head chef just found out that his father passed away about an our before shift started and that did unfortunately make the entire kitchen disorientated.
As for my hostesses,my uniform is black clothing and their dresses are not more that four fingers short above the knee like we used to have at school and only one had a dress on that night?
I also recall that when you arrived you were very sun burnt and irate so this could also have added to your irritation with us all.
Oh and I agree that Cape Town has definately got some of the top 5 star restaurants in the world as I actually do travel alot but also believe that I am entitled to do my own style of food and service which I have been for 27 years and we don`t seem to be doing that bad being number 1 on Tripadvisor....
I hope you would give us another try and let us show you what we are all about and give you a better dinning experience.

Lee-Ann

Reviewed March 6, 2019

Took my Girlfriend to Orange for her Birthday dinner and was not disappointed!!
We were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our table which they had made up for the special day! Candles, roses petals, wine and flowers where waiting for us!
The food was amazing!! I had a steak which just melted in my mouth!! Staff very helpful, as i am a very very fussy eater and they got it spot on!
Thank you Orange for a most amazing evening!!!!