All reviews blyde river canyon honesty bar free wifi warm welcome the main house comfortable rooms cecilia kruger garden hosts fireplace
Reviewed October 31, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family had four wonderful days at the Seringa Lodge. The food made by chef Cecilia was great and the Game Plan by Roger was first class. His knowledge and experience was very valuable. Two long days in the Kruger Park and we was able to see the Magnificient Seven!

2  Thank PetterKellgren
Reviewed October 17, 2014

We stayed three nights in the Seringa Lodge in October 2014 to do a safari in Kruger Nationalpark. The location is not just perfect for a safari, but also to do a road trip along the Panorama Route which is close by (we did a trip to Blyde Canyon and loved it). The whole lodge is so lovely decorated and cozy, it just gives you a "like home" experience. Responsible for this is not just the accommodation, but also the very nice and helpful hosts Cecilia and Roger as well as their assistants. Whenever having a question, they just knew the answer. We stayed in an incredible room with a quite high ceiling and had direct access to the huge garden (including a swimming pool).
Dinner was served every night (if booked) in the living room where an open fire supported the special ambience. What should I say, the meal which included three courses was just amazing and comparable to a star-restaurant. Ingredients were cleverly combined and offered a perfect taste experience. If you stay at Seringa, having dinner is a must have!
Besides our stay at Seringa Lodge we also did a safari with Roger who is a real expert in what he is doing. We left early in the morning and arrived at the gate of Kruger Nationalpark about 40 minutes later. The experience of seeing the big five in wildlife was unforgettable. Whatever you see during the safari, Roger knows a story about it. If you do not just want to drive through Kruger and see some wild animals, but also like to learn a lot, do a safari with Roger.
We would always choose Seringa Lodge again as it is a great package including a great accommodation, incredible food and an awesome safari.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2014

What a pearl we found in White River. Seringa Lodge delivers extreme quality service. Their 3 course dinner are in level with any luxury restaurang in the world. Beds are wonderful. Roger as a Kruger guide is again extreme professional and could answer all of our thousends questions. Their staff is so helpful and friendly. Don’t miss this. Value for money – Sky rocketing! Highly recommended ++++++

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2014

From the moment I pulled up to the gate until the moment I left, was perfection. Davis met me as I pulled in, showed me to my room and then made sure I knew the "lay of the land." The property is absolutely what you see on the website. Plenty of property for the kids to play and the pool was sparkling! Seringa is run as a bed and breakfast and breakfast is wonderful. Saturday was cereal, yogurt, toast, omelet, fruit, juice, coffee and tea. Neli had everything set out and ready to go and was such a pleasure to have as a server. As I was there for some down, I stayed all day on the veranda and it was so quiet. I could hear the birds and was awakened from my nap by a pair of chattering squirrels. Dinner must be ordered in the morning and you will want to order dinner. Saturday night was salad, fillet, potato, and green beans. Oh wait! Dessert was a scrumptious Amarula creme brûlée! All that said, this is a wonderful place to stay! Thank you Roger and Cecelia!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2014

We flew into Kruger Mpumalanga Int. Airport (outside of Nelspruitt) and stayed at Seringa Lodge for the night. It is only about 15 minutes drive from KMIA (except when you get slightly lost, like us). We enjoyed it so much that we came back for our last night before flying out from KMIA. We had a big room for the three of us, and there are pleasant sitting areas inside and outside. They also lit a fire at night, very attractive on a winter's night. The meals chosen by Cecelia and prepared by Nellie were excellent three course meals, ones we would have been happy to get in a Sydney restaurant. The wines Roger had available for dinner were excellent too, without the price gouge that goes with a Sydney restaurant. We paid the equivalent of about 200 dollars each night for the room and breakfast and the dinners for all three of us, and would call that good value.

Date of stay: September 2014