umSisi House
Pine Lake Inn(White River)
US$102
  • Restaurant
ilanda Guest House(White River)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$57
Casterbridge Hollow(White River)
US$122
US$93
Agoda.com
White House Lodge(White River)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
Priceline
Nut Grove Manor(White River)
US$109
US$106
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Country Lane Lodge(White River)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$203
Hotels.com
US$215
Agoda.com
All reviewshouse is beautifulkruger national parkperfect hostsfood preparedsouth africavery special placewhole familypanorama routefood and winediscerning travellerhousehold stafffruit basketdelicious home cooked mealsnight tripsun goes downsuperb cookluxurious home
Reviewed January 13, 2012

umSisi House is like a little paradise, you will not find it hard to relax you might find it hard to eventually leave though..! It’s hard to find hosts that are more welcoming then Amanda and Paddy, they are a charming couple with loads of knowledge about the local area and South Africa in general. What I love about umSisi is that it’s 5 star but at the same time have a very homely feeling and you don’t find this very often! The house is beautiful and the rooms have everything you need and a little bit more. Paddy’s cooking is really something extra, the food was delicious and the wines very well chosen to compliment each dish. Paddy had no problem being creative with the food for our son who is 15 months and quite picky with what he eats, he even got him to eat cauliflower! You can easily spend a few days just relaxing at the house and by the pool and when/ if you get tired of that and want to explore the area umSisi is just 15 min from The Kruger Park and Amanda can take care of your safari booking so that you get the best experience. They can also help you with other activities in the area. Besides Kruger Park I would recommend the Panorama Route and then it’s a must to take a pit stop at Harrie’s pancakes in Graskop on the way back, yummy! You can also find nice well priced african masks at Curio D’Afrique on Hoof Street in the same town.
I can’t wait to return to umSisi, it really is a stunning place and I couldn’t recommend it more highly!

Room Tip: I would definitely book the House with either 'dinner/bed and breakfast' or 'full board' to get the best experience at umSisi!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
amandabond007, Owner at umSisi House, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

As we said in our reply to your Easter 2013 review , we hope you're planning a return trip soon ... You always bring such wonderful people to umSisi House and have become one of our best ambassadors. Thank you. Kind regards Amanda and Paddy

Reviewed November 14, 2011

UmSisi Cottage way exceeded my expectations and offered a fantastic alternative (or addition!) to the kruger park camps or an expensive safari lodge. We stayed here for two nights after spending 3 in the park and in the future would definetly recommend this as a place from which to explore the Kruger with a little bit of comfort (at amazing value) at the end of the day.

The cottage is totally self contained and decorated beautifully with all things classy and african. The veranda overlooks the mountains and is completely private. It was impressively equipped with everything you could possibly want including all manner of interesting reading and reference material to consult after a days wildlife spotting!

Amanda and Paddy were great hosts and gave a really personal and friendly service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We so enjoyed your visit. Now it's time for another one! Kind regards Amanda

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Arriving at umSisi house is not only spectacular but it is also the first place I have stayed that felt instantly like home. Our hosts, Amanda and Paddy, looked after us as if we were their own, cooking the most incredible food I have ever eaten, then plying us with delicious varied and exciting wines and then packing us off to giant beds that swallowed the night away. I can not imagine staying in a more comfortable house anywhere on earth, it really is stunning. This is a hidden gem waiting for discovery and for anyone who does, you are in for a treat.
You could arrive at umSisi weary from travel, safari or holiday and leave feeling refreshed, revived and enlightened. I can not wait to come back, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you are coming back to stay at umSisi House in January 2014 with your new baby! Kind regards Amanda

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Umsisi House is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are well appointed, beautifully looked after and very comfortable.
The hosts Amanda & Paddy are charming, very welcoming and knowledgable about the local area, South Africa in general and all aspects of the wild life. I went on two memorable visit to the Kruger Park which would have been a quite different experience without the guidance of Amanda & Paddy.
I was looked after superbly. The food & wine were delicious and plentiful!
All in all a stunning place - I couldn't recommend Umsisi House more highly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed at Umsisi for two days and three nights in September 2010 - and I cannot rave enough about the place! Firstly, the wonderful hosts, Paddy and Amanda, are very warm and welcoming and made us feel very much at home. The house is stunning, beautifully decorated with curios (local artifacts) - many of which I wished I could bring home - and designed for comfort. The staff were friendly and catered to every whim. Amanda has such an attention for detail - there was never a moment where we were wanting anything - as I said in the tag line - better than home! The cost was all inclusive - meals, drinks, laundry etc. I should also mention that the food was five star - better than many of the fancy restaurants - and I'm waiting for the day that Paddy produces the Umsisi cookbook!

Our primary purpose for the visit was to see Kruger National Park - which was about a 15 minute drive. We had a great experience. The guide was a walking encyclopaedia for African flora and fauna - which bode well for me and my incessant questions. Furthermore, after returning back to the house, Paddy and Amanda were incredibly patient and went through all my photos (there were hundreds) so that I could write down a description of each animal seen.

Great food and great hospitality - what more could you want? Definitely will be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review. That is quite an accolade! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time exploring the Kruger in a private game viewer with our gourmet picnic lunches. It was a pleasure to help you with your animal and bird identification. We think it's time that you came back to take some more photos! And thank you for our wonderful box of PNG goodies! Kind regards Amanda