All reviews river location great hotel rooms are big no surprises secure parking filet swimming pool gym gm passage caters oasis banks luxury
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

This is what you get for a room in this hotel for R1779.00 for the night. Two torn chairs. Loose towel holders and toilet seat. Mould on shower roof. Shower heat control reversed. Shower door loose and didn't close. Hair in basin. Very noisy air conditioner. Only one water glass. Maintenance manager and house keeper where were you?? On the plus side, staff friendly. Dinner adequate and breakfast good. But we won't be visiting any protea hotels any time soon if this is the benchmark!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

There are no surprises, this is a typical three star Protea hotel. It’s clean, centrally located with secure parking and is on the banks of the Orange river.

The only design floor in the room , is the presence of a large step to enter the bathroom.

I would however recommend the Irish pub that is situated next door for your supper requirements.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel when I am in Upington. It caters to my needs and it very clean. They serve the best breakfast. A special thanks to Nolly who made sure that I get a family room as I traveled with my family and the rest of the staff who made sure we had an abundance of coffee. However the gym facility needs improvement.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We have stayed in Protea hotels all over Southern Africa. Our room here was adequate with no windows to open! The bathroom had a huge step to get into it.
The breakfasts are so overpriced that we went to the Wimpy a block away and got breakfast for 2 for less than half the price of one breakfast in the hotel.
Would rather look fro a guest house next time.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Stayed over on the 10th and 11th May 2018 while on business in the area.

Overall good value for money, good room, good food and efficient services. the barman on duty during my stay was exceptional...really went the extra mile.

On the negative side, noise from the bar can be easily heard in the room I stayed in on my second night, the first night in room 471 was fine.

Room Tip: Room 471, top right most room, far away from noise.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business