All reviews canopy tour games room family room facilities venue winter
Reviewed December 23, 2017

Unfortunately we were not told that the hotel was under going a major renovation so our stay was an absolute shock. There was mould in the showers, the toilet seat came off and generally it was a real disappointment.
The one positive thing was the food which was outstanding.
I am sorry to say I would not travel back there in the future.
I think once the upgrade is complete it is going to be a beautiful 5 star resort..

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank victoriacam0
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Worst experience ever and will NEVER refer business or family/
friends to Sparkling Waters facilities or accommodation!

Sparkling Waters Resort (Magaliesburg) hosted a religious group with hundreds of people through the course of the day and overnight this past Saturday. The group had every right to be there having paid to host their ceremony at Sparkling Waters, however had no right at all to monopolise the entire Resort and make it extremely unpleasant for other guests.

My colleagues were threatened by the Pastors’ security entourage at gun point when walking to their rooms, their patio furniture had been removed so that the group could use it for themselves, some group members camped out on the patios of my colleagues’ Chalets so there was no privacy at all, they were forced to leave the pool area and the group was unbearably loud. Add to that, the employees of Sparkling Waters refused access to my colleagues to the dining area at dinner stating that the food was for the group only. After complaints management allowed them into the dining area but it was too late at that stage leaving very little, to no food left for them.

As the evening progressed it worsened and it was unfortunately too late in the evening for my colleagues to leave. They felt threatened and had to lock themselves in their rooms for the majority of the stay. To make matters worse; the group then started breaking down the stage at mid-night making even more noise thus they were unable to rest after this stressful time.

The Resort had no control over what was happening and should take responsibility for extremely poor management, allowing their guests to feel so uncomfortable and worst of all, unsafe.

We were informed of the Church group but was not expecting approximately 600 – 800 people. If the amount of people was mentioned the booking would have been moved or Sparkling waters should have booked the venue exclusively for the group not allowing further bookings. It was very unexpected to find a church group so violent, threatening, disrespectful and rude.

When these concerns were addressed with the manager, favour was taken with the church group. It is understandable that a booking for the majority of the resort for such a big event is great for business but do not forget about the smaller groups and individuals who will refer regular business in the Future. Think long term! As one of the people responsible for making team building, conference venue and incentive trip bookings for a large national corporate company, Sparkling Waters have been removed from the list completely as an option. The company staff, associate companies and personal relations will be informed about this and chances are that nobody will visit the resort knowing about these events that unfolded.

To Sparkling Waters management; We paid a significant amount to host our team building and book four rooms. Words cannot explain how dissatisfied we are. We definitely did not get our money’s worth and the promise that your Resort offers. Also please be mindful to not allow this to happen to other guests in future.

I am expressing this online as the manager had said he would resolve matters on the evening however did not return or make any effort.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank GregS4112
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We have been going here for the last 7 years. When I phoned to book this time they told me there was some renovations taking place. They did not tell me the place was bought by some pastor who is changing it into a bling monstrosity in the middle of the bush. The hot pool was ice cold. The tv had only 4 channels, and the only clear one was the new owner's own channel. The food was not even anywhere near what it used to be. I wasted my time and money, and feel cheated by them.My advice, stay the hell away from this place.

Room tip: Dont go there
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank maverixJohannesburg
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Before I book the spa I had called spa manager on duty and explained our expectations. It was my son's birthday.After arriving at spa all of us felt we were mislead by manager .
Spa is totally run down place .
Steam room wants steamy enough
The jacuzzi had cold water
The spa itself is very open , no privacy at all , you have to run half naked from one place to another we as a family was in a total shock as we do spa often , including overseas spas .
We had booked winter package for R1450 each , 4 hour .
This place is actually 1 hour and 45 min from Joburg not an hour as manager told me before we booked .
We will not go again , I felt that the money we paid and service we received is totally unsatisfactory.
We did mention our unhappiness to the same manger and no apology offered and again we were in a dismay as this was supposed to be a totally relaxed experience.
Very bad attitude from a hospitality point .

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank RParbhoo
Senzo S, Front Office Manager at Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear RParbhoo

Thank you for bringing this to our attention through Trip Advisor.

We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further. As this is very disappointing to read that we were not able to change your mind set of our Lovely Property and STAFF. And that we allowed for you to leave and not make it a memorable experience.

Just for interest sake or for future visits at Sparkling Waters Hotel and Spa. We are in the Process of upgrading the whole Hotel or Property of which the Spa is also in the process. We hope next time you browse on the internet or maybe magazines you will get the chance to see our developed Spa and have a chance to come experience the new Spa.

We sorry once again that we did not meet your expectations here at Sparkling Waters but promise that should you wish to visit again a lot of things would have changed.

Regards,

Senzo Sibandze
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2017

We recently stayed over at Sparkling waters and we really enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and help full.Food was of good quality. I do agree our room need a bit of a upgrade but every thing was neat and clean.Really looking forward to visit again after the renovations are done.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Dawnat,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa through Trip Advisor.

With a mission to provide excellent service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Thank you for your feedback will be shared with the Chef to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional service and food quality. We are still in the Process of renovating rooms which will be Phase 2 of the Development and hope it will be of your expectations by then.

Thank you for staying at Sparkling Waters Hotel & Spa and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Rustenburg.

Regards,