The Kingdom Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$50
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$239
Priceline
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$285
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
2,244 results
All reviewslost citycrystal courttusk barthe grillhigh teaoysterssushiover the topsouth africaamazing hotelout of this worldbreakfast buffetother hotelstreated like royaltywave poolwater parkconcierge desk
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great Place. Lovely Golf Course. Be careful it maybe cheaper to arrange some activities like elephant safari, game drives maybe cheaper via the neighbouring game park yourself.

Valley of teh waves are great but the food que during the holiday season is painfully long so eat at the hotel first or pack your own food.

Room Tip: Ask for the Sunscape rates- costs much less
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This place is like an animated fantasy, except you are living it. It doesn't feel real - it's like you're suspended in reality. Did I enjoy it - not really, but I'm certainly glad I experienced it. I won't go into detail with some of our check in challenges - no internet access, television not working etc, but I will share with you that this is the most amazing breakfast I think I've ever seen. You are greeted with a choice of champagne, smoothies or juices and then you can avail yourself of your choice of breakfast from any possible land you could imagine. There's handmade sushi rolls being prepared in front of you, and an array of sushi. Pancakes and waffles accompanied by every conceivable candy. Asian noodles and fish. A great display of fruit. The traditional eggs however you want them. Pastries of every description. If you've got children, leave them here for the morning and they may not have to eat until dinner.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheofthebroom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

two hours drive from Johannesburg, nestled in the mountains you will find Sun City. There are four hotels, including the marvelous Palace, a casino, two world class golf courses and a game reserve next door.
Plenty of restuarants and live shows, best to go on the weekend. During the week things have quietened down and there is not that much happening.
In summer, you have to go to the water park and try the wave pool.

Room Tip: Stay at the Palace, it is the best of the hotels, more expensive, but the rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Great property to put up if you are visiting Sun City, and one of the best breakfasts i have ever had. The Interiors of the hotel are really plush and worth the money you put in. Actually i was there only for 2 nights and felt short of time, since it was so good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Amitnow
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed at the Palace of the Lost city for 3 nights. Given the amount of money we paid for the hotel (800 USD per night) I was terribly disappointed. Our room was passable at best. The restaurant was beautiful but our dinners tasted like something frozen that was just put in the microwave.

We walk down to enter the valley of the waves. Apparently to enter, you need a card from the hotel. I show her my key card. she states, well I guess i can let you in. What she failed to mention to us is that we would need this special card to get towels, to order a drink or to eat lunch. So we walk all the way down there only to discover this fact when we tried to get towels. so we have to walk all the way back to the hotel to get this card. Again, given the amount of money we paid for this hotel, you think she could have mentioned this to us before letting us in. or even better, they could have mentioned this to us upon checking in!

Additionally, there is a letter in a room, telling us that we should use the safe. If you are robbed, BY ONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, the hotel will charge US a 200 rand fee. Does this make any sense? So if we are robbed my one of their employees they are going to fine US! it was the most absurd thing I have ever heard of.

The casino is disappointing as well. We were at the roulette table and we are trying to get someones attention so we can get a drink. There were at least 6 servers all standing in the corner talking amongst themselves. After a good 10 minutes of trying to get someones attention, I finally order a drink. About a half hour later I would like to get another drink. I order another pimms and lemonade, she tells me I cant get that drink. What? I just got the same drink 30 minutes ago. No, she tells me, my supervisor wont sign for that drink for you. This is not an expensive drink by any stretch of the imagination. She goes to check and comes back and again tells me I cant get that drink. But Im drinking one right now!!! she just shruggs her shoulders and walks away. and by the way, there were only 8, yes eight tables. 4 roulette tables and 4 tables for card games.

There are about 10 more stories like this one, but for length of my review, I will stop here. The bottom line, they only do the bare minimum, at best. and saying that is even a stretch. This place is not worth the money and we left disgusted with the hotel and the resort. I will never return to palace of the lost city or sun city. It was nothing but a big waste of time and money. oh, and I forgot to mention, they lost our reservation and it was a 90 minute ordeal to get this sorted out?

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple