The Kingdom Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$50
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$280
Agoda.com
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$258
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Soho Hotel(Sun City)
2,246 results
All reviewslost citycrystal courttusk barthe grillhigh teaoysterssushiover the topsouth africaamazing hotelout of this worldbreakfast buffetother hotelstreated like royaltywave poolwater parkconcierge desk
Reviewed July 30, 2009

On arrival you enter a "new world" of luxury, opulence, decadence and sheer extravagance. Where detail of architecture, art and design brings attention to new detail everytime you walk through a public area, restaurant, guest room or even the pool area. From the jungle themed dome in the foyer to the mosaic murals or even tapestries, the hotel has been designed to emcompass every last detail.

Travelling with two teenagers and a 10yo we managed with a king size bed and 2 decent trundles. The room was very comfortable with a great sized bathroom that allowed one child to be showering whilst somebody else was using the vanity. There was ample room to store luggage in this area.

The inclusive breakfast was sensational and the service is probably the best we've had anywhere in the world. An unbelievably first class establishment.

Everything about this hotel is magnificent. My children did prefer to be down at the Entertainment Centre, which is adjacent to the Cascade Hotel. However there was a shuttle service running regularly for drop-off and pick-up.

We did choose the more family friendly restaurants at the Entertainment Centre, primarily to keep the kids happy with menu choices.

The Pool Area was magnificent and was ideal for families with toddlers. The Lost City Golf Course was a challenge and ranked in the top 10 courses in the world.

It's worth an elevetor ride and a few stairs to reach the tower at the Palace. Spectacular views of the Sun City Resort and Golf Courses are offerred.

We loved everything about the Palace, however the kids would prefer Cascades next time due to its close proximity to the Entertainment Centre, Family Restaurants and Gary Player Golf Course and Health Club. Cascades also had a fabulous pool area but not in the same class as the Lost City.

The Wave Pool is adjacent to the Lost Palace.

The Palace really is a sensational destination.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2009

This is a charming hotel with a beautiful lobby. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the space and old world charm of our room and felt pampered.

The buffet breakfast and afternoon tea at Crystal Court in the hotel are lovely with a good spread and we were impressed by the good service of the staff.

Going to the entertainment centre is also easy. All we had to do is to board the green or brown buses that stop right at the entrance of the hotel. However, I must say that there isn't much that the entertainment centre offers if you are not interested in going to a casino. There are some good shops, but I wouldn't consider this an interesting shopping area.

My friend and I also tried the back massage (in our room) and enjoyed it very much.

On the whole, I think this is a good hotel for a posh romantic getaway or R&R. However, for families with children, I would recommend other alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 2, 2009

It was a buityfull time with great dinner and perfect wine, also the golf cource is great

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Kind of Las Vegas. In the middle of nowhere. There is a nice pool, called walley of waves, but it was closed on our second day due to winter time maintenance. There is nothing to do if you don't like the gambling, golfing. If you would like to have a massage, you have to go to the other hotel's spa, or you can have it in your room or at the pool. The Sun City Hotel is newer and nicer and closer to the shops. There is a shuttle between the hotels. The Cultural Village was a special african experience with the dance performance and the african style dishes was served around the fire. The Palace exterior is very nice, but the rooms are a bit dated. The Pilanesberg National Park is right beside Sun City. You have to go several times if you really would like to see the big five. But I really enjoyed it!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I was lucky enough to join friends and colleagues in Sun City, South Africa for the annual ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) International Destination Expo March 15-18, 2009. What a great place! I chose to stay at the Palace because I decided to treat myself! Beautiful resort, I loved the grounds and the pools are beautiful. Not sure if I would send clients there only because it is more of a getaway for South Africans or for business retreats. It does have plenty of things for families to do, but it's just not what we travel to South Africa looking for. Now, if I worked with more corporate clients and they needed a conference center and place to stay-this would be high on the list for sure.

My room was huge!! King size, four poster bed, a sitting area, the bathroom had a seperate shower and tub, large closet, and very nice vanity area complete with a makeup mirror. I also had two sets of sliding doors that opened up to a very small balcony which looked out over the beautiful grounds. I went during the end of their summer, so everything was very green and lush and tropical. I could hear the birds and watched the monkeys play around outside. Room service was great, they came and turned down my bed each night with a robe and slippers placed out for my use. Breakfast was included in my rate, and it was the best breakfast I've had in a long time! I sat outside every morning and had my breakfast because I was sucking in all the outdoors I could!

One morning I decided to take a walk around and explore a little bit. I found a trail along the Buffalo wing that led me over waterfalls and deep into the grounds. There was no one else out on the trail and it was so peaceful just walking along listening to the sounds of the jungle and I truely felt like I was miles away. It was a great way to start my morning before I had to go in to all of my classes that day.

The conference center is connected to the Cascades hotel, so from the Palace you will need to take one of the shuttles, but they come around very frequently so this was never an issue for me. All in all it was a pleasant experience and a wonderful place for our meetings!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business