US$117
US$102
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$205
US$173
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

Soho Hotel(Sun City)
US$152
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

Bush Bungalows at Sun City Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$82
The Kingdom Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$311
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$256
Agoda.com
US$101
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$102
US$97
  • Breakfast included
2,266 results
All reviewslost citycrystal courttusk barthe grillhigh teaoysterssushiover the topsouth africaamazing hotelother hotelsout of this worldbreakfast buffetwave pooltreated like royaltywater parkbit dated
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My wife and i had the opportunity of visiting SA and particularly the Palce of the lost city for the first time.The palce is a marvel,with its beauty and architectural masterpiece making it one of the best hotels in the world.Actualy we are planning on a second visit, we cannot just get enough of the palace!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

As you drive from Johannesburg you wonder when will I get there and what will it be like and then you drive through the gates and up the hill and catch the first glimpse of The Palace and it's just amazing. The hotel is simply breathtaking. Everything from the drive up to the entrance with it's huge animal sculptures, the walk through the huge wooden doors to the jawdropping ceiling mural and paintings in reception, the service upon check in, the restaurant chandelier, the pools, the rooms, the small touches at turndown, the breakfast in the morning - IT IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD that I've had so far, the grounds and views from the tower. Everything is simply amazing.

It's unfortunate that I was only able to spend 1 night in this oasis, it's one that I would love to return to again very soon and spend longer exploring. A trip to South Africa isn't complete without a visit to this amazing hotel. Spoil yourself, it's worth it!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The Palace of the Lost City
Sun City
North West Province
Telephone: +27 (14) 557 4301
www.suninternational.com

By Dallace Jolly

I am without a doubt one of those extremely fortunate people who has a job which is my passion. As hard as I work to meet deadlines, I am allowed to play just as hard whilst I am doing my ‘job’. This last weekend was one of those occasions. Sun International invited my children and I to be their guests for the weekend at The Palace of the Lost City in Sun City. For obvious reasons this was one of those invitations that only a complete fool would decline.
Driving up to the spectacular Palace I felt the warm buzz of excitement rising up and the stresses of life in Jozi fade away.
Once our luggage had been taken care of with lightening speed and we had wiped away the remnants of our journey with warm cloths and cool cocktails, the charming General Manager Chris van Dam ushered us into the VIP Check-In Room. It was then that the (totally unexpected) surprise of a lifetime was revealed to me ¬ we would be spending our weekend in The African Suite, which is usually occupied by the likes of Oprah Winfrey and the late Michael Jackson. I had definitely died and gone straight to heaven.
The suite is breathtaking and has every conceivable luxury: a Jacuzzi on the enormous wrap-around as well as Jacuzzi baths in both en-suites, a steam room, a giant plasma TV in the lounge with full DSTV, a fully equipped study area, a small private kitchenette with butler’s entrance, a Brian Steiner baby grand piano, picture perfect views and so much more than I have space to list here.
Once I had managed to slow my heart rate down to a healthy pace once again, my weekend of a lifetime began. To their delight my boys were whisked off to the Magic Company by Martha from Thula Baba Babysitting whilst Mom strolled down to the Crystal Court for High Tea. Afternoon tea has never before had the appeal that it did here: perfect crustless sandwiches, sweet treats and an astounding choice of teas in an elegant atmosphere, cemented my euphoria. I floated up to the Royal Salon (tucked away on the second floor) next for a much-needed Deluxe Pedicure.
I was well and truly into my African Queen persona now and looking forward to dinner at The Orchid in the Main Hotel. Miraculously my boys were waiting for me bathed and ready for dinner when I returned to our suite ¬ Martha was a genius. Once our butler had served canapés on our patio, a car was waiting downstairs to delivers us there safely. As always our favourite dishes at The Orchid (sushi and Peking Duck) were enjoyed with gusto. Again, a driver was waiting to return us to the lap of luxury safely after our meal.
At this point any ideas I had of slipping off into dreamland went out the beautifully carved double wooden doors. My sons felt that a session in the steam room followed by a Jacuzzi bath and a little tinkle on the baby grand was in order, so bedtime was quite a lot later than usual, but on the flip side they actually had to be woken for breakfast the next morning! Aaah, breakfast...silently the butlers had laid out our breakfast and we woke to a magnificent spread in our dining room with the sun pouring through the windows. In perfect unison Martha arrived to take my boys to Kamp Kwena for the day and Nora from the Royal Salon arrived to pamper me with a Reflexology Foot Massage. The next 45 minutes were pure bliss.
After freshening up in my shower room (with 12 shower sprays) I met with Slots Manager Wayne Duck for a quick lunch at Santorini next to the Cascades pooldeck. Wayne is a regular here and his own cutlery engraved with his name was laid once we had ordered our Catch of the Day (yellowtail for me and Cape Salmon for him) – something I am told Santorini does for all its regulars, what a nice touch!
Sadly, lunch had to be a rather short affair as we were off on a game drive with Game Trackers that afternoon. I was met at the Welcome Centre by Martha with my boys, who were fed, watered and ready to spot game. Gift, our enormously amusing guide for the afternoon ¬ he actually tasted the elephant dung ¬ skilfully ensured we saw hippo, rhino, elephant, lynx, warthog, zebra, wildebeest, hartebeest, springbuck, water buck and more. When we were safely returned to the Palace my boys were in need of a short pre-dinner nap after such an action-packed day.
I, on the other hand, was off to a wine tasting with Sun International’s Group Sommelier Georgio Meletiou. Georgio is another fortunate being like me whose job is his passion and he made the 20 guests feel relaxed and entertained. In grand style Georgio performed the art of sabrage (opening a bottle of champagne with a sabre) and proposed a toast to a tasting which was both great fun and hugely informative.
Our dinner reservation that night was at the dramatically striking Villa del Palazzo. The menu caters for all tastes from macaroni cheese and spaghetti bolognaise for my boys, to beef Carpaccio and duck for myself. The setting is impressive and echoes the luxury which is evident throughout the Palace of the Lost City. After ice cream and tiramisu we were all ready to collapse once again into our ridiculously huge, comfy, rose petal strewn beds.
This was without a doubt one of the most extraordinary weekends of our lives, one which will not soon be forgotten. But I took away so much more than that after our stay. I realised that Sun City is a holiday destination which is hard to rival in South Africa, purely because of its diverse range of activities and facilities. I could happily have spent a week there with my sons without being stuck for something to do and I intend to make this a regular holiday destination. Even if I can’t be the African Queen in the African Suite!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dallace_jolly
Reviewed September 5, 2009

This was the second time staying there for me, but we'll newer go back there paying 1.000 USD per nigt for a family room in the winter time again, it was just too cold. Brrrr!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2009

After our first 4 nights in SA which were in the bush, Sun City was a bit of a shock. The Palace is huge. Valley of the Waves was freezing (it's their winter) and unless you're into Casinos and Golf that's all there is. The cultural village was going OK antil in one of the Tribal Huts, a mobile phone started to ring. There were Nike jackets hung on the walls and a woman sitting on a white plastic patio chair reading the paper - not very authentic !!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family