2,338 results
All reviews lost city crystal court tusk bar the grill high tea oysters sushi over the top south africa amazing hotel other hotels breakfast buffet treated like royalty out of this world wave pool water park main restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Palace of the Lost City is definitely worth the trip there . it is Spectacular and a wonderment . if you are not expecting the service to be up with the decor and the majesty of the Hotel and the surrounds , then you will be very happy ...
It is a must see if you are in the area .. you can relax , or do the myriad of things that there is to do ...including driving into the neighboring Game Reserve , the Pilansburg .. or gamble at night in the Casino.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room ..
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
francoisd1540, Guest Relations Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear nyani46

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.
Your feedback shall be shared with the team

Reviewed October 10, 2018

The Palace of the Lost City used to be our destination of choice. We loved to come back... till now...
Firstly we checked in around 14:40 as the room was not ready. When we arrived at the room the bathroom sliding door was stack and only could half opened, child's couch was not made. I tried to phone the reception- the phone was cutting off at every attempt. I went down and requested to speak with François. I explained to him that we came to celebrate my 50th Birthday and would like to have problem free stay. He apologised and moved as to "the correct", as he said room. That room was with child's bed made and at first glance was fine. The rest is a drama: 1 Monkey lamp switch wire was exposed (luckily, I noticed it, and not my 6 yrs old daughter!). I requested it to be fixed at around 15:30. At the same time I've asked for champagne backed with ice and extra 4 glasses. None of requests materialised till around 18:00. By then I phone the reception and demanded dangerous lamp to be removed or fixed. When technician arrived I also pointed out that the pelmet above sliding doors to the bathroom area with about to fall off as screws were missing ... When we came to the room after the dinner we still had no extra glasses and champagne bucket with ice in the room! But one of wine glass had been placed at the basin with our tooth brushes.... I phone again. Michael brought eventually the requested. As we were about to sleep I decided to connect our phones and pad to charge. I nearly shocked myself, as the pug box above the desk was burned on one side and was of the wall on the other side. I lost my cool... I called Michael to the room again... While he was on his way, I found under the desk the extension cord with multipugs...
I the morning my wife went to take shower and find only empty old shampoo tube and plenty wash tubes... I wanted to make us coffee, just to realise that the room service removed 3 out of four cups we had the night before!!!! I took also pictures of the ceiling in the bathroom, at the entrance to the room, toilet seat cover, and lamp at the entrance. Please give me the email address I can forward all of them to you, to assure you that I am not exaggerating...
To add the supposedly warm pool was COLD, as on the day of our arrival it was pink, due to influx of municipal water with, as I was told by the management, and with higher metal content? content and was heavily treated. In the show in the room the water had a distinctive smell too.
At the check out I had to call customer relation manager Justice to address all our concerns.
After reading the above and seeing picture one would agree that it could be considered as an addition to the Shabeen Village, or the Palace of the Lost Management would be the correct name for this property.

Room Tip: Check your room on the arrival.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Evgeni R
francoisd1540, Guest Relations Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Evgeni

Once again my apologies for the stay you had with us this time round
Thank you for taking my call, and allowing me to speak to you in person yesterday.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

This was our second time staying at The Palace. What a magnificent place this is! The first time we stayed, it was just my husband and I, 2 years ago. We decided to bring our kids along on our second trip as there's so much for them to do...And did they have a ball!!

Having said that, we had a few disappointments and it must be highlighted.
1) We stayed for 5 nights and every single day I had to contact Housekeeping for fresh towels, face cloths, toiletries. They either forgot or just didn't bother. This is something that MUST be addressed.
2) On 2 of the nights we were there, our room was not turned down. Unacceptable for for a 5 star establishment.
3) The Royal Baths were definitely not for exclusive to Palace guests only, while the palace pool was undergoing renovations. For this reason, the pool area was always overcrowded. We even had to use the pool at The Cascades Hotel once because there simply was no space for us at the Royal Baths.
4) Breakfast is always fantastic but became a bit monotonous after a while as it was the same spread everyday.

I would like to end on a positive note and that is the service staff at breakfast. They are simply AWESOME!! I would like to make a special mention of Mithalda and Lesego who went above and beyond to keep us happy at all times. My 5 stars go to them.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicolene J
Caron651, Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Nicolene

Firstly allow me to thank you for taking time to send us feedback on your stay with us, all feedback from my guests whether positive or negative is very welcoming and for this I am extremely grateful.

I would like to sincerely apologise for all the issues you experienced during your stay here with us. I can promise you that this is not the standard of service we wish to afford any guest staying in the hotel and for this I am truly sorry. I do hope that your stay was enjoyable and memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Hotel Manager
The Palace – Sun City

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Whow, what an amazing place , we stayed in the palace along with quite a few of my daughters and son in laws wedding party , and the rest in the cabanas
The palace is absolutely beautiful and we could not fault it especially on Friday for my daughters wedding, absolutely everything was PERFECT , considering we live in England so everything was through emails for the last two years by my daughter and Chris Storking the wedding planner, the detail to everything was nothing short of amazing , so we would like to say a huge thank you to Chris and all the staff at the palace that help make mel and mikes wedding day a day to remember and not only for them but for all our friends and families who were there, for many years to come
We would like to say a big thank you to the amazing team who served us all so efficiently at the wedding breakfast and into the evening , and then entertained us all with an amazing dance ,it was brilliant , also a special thank you to Busi at breakfast the following day , she organised all the staff to sing a wedding song and parade the newly weds around the restaurant in front of everyone , something else I am sure they will never forget,
We have had amazing week with you so thanku all again and we will hope to return again in the future

Ps if you could send me an email address I can send you a copy of both the staff dances as they were both amazing

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
francoisd1540, Guest Relations Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear tinaandmel

Thank you so much for your feedback, with regards to your stay and the wedding!

I am glad that we created such wonderful memories for you!

Your feedback will be shared with the entire team.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

After an 11 hour flight and a very uncomfortable 2 1/2 hour drive from Johannesburg, we were tired and grumpy and the hotel looked seriously over the top- but we rapidly realised that the whole environment and surroundings were splendid- water everywhere (filtered and recycled, we were told.) Friendly and helpful staff. Good just to stroll around and plenty of activities also. Room servicing was a bit haphazard (missing towels , facecloth, gown) but getting to know the maid fixed that.
Lovely breakfast and my personal experience was that the staff were very attentive. If you eat on the terrace do not leave food unattended because you will share it with what I think are red-winged starlings.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Ian G

Your feedback is appreciated.

Great to see you enjoyed your stay with us.