“Interesting for a hotel restaurant”

126 Cape Kitchen & Cafe
Ranked #637 of 1,207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$0 - US$3
Description: The culinary team of 126 Cape Kitchen & Café is delighted to invite you to a fun dining experience. Start your day off with our international breakfast buffet which offers a variety of delicious foods and beverages to kick start the day. Lunch and dinner a la carte in a convivial, friendly and interactive setting. The menu is created with flavours from traditional South African, Cape Malay, and Asian cooking. The fusions are unexpected and exceptional. The flavours are playful, innovative, and explorative. The experience is designed to satisfy all the senses and leaves you with a whole new way of thinking about the flavour combination and food pairing. The global fusion of flavours is created with local, seasonal ingredients and a healthy dose of imagination. The restaurant is categorised as Fun Dining. Don’t let that title fool you; it is fun world-class dining experience in an opulent setting. The restaurant is halaal certified and therefore offers teas from around the world will be at the heart of our signature dishes, a pairing experience that unlocks flavours in a way you have never experienced before. Complimentary parking is available to all non-overnight staying guests. Taste the imagination. It's fine dining done playfully; we call it fun dining. From the uniquely designed, locally handcrafted crockery and glassware to our engaging Master Classes, Chefs tables & Baking classes. Every touchpoint of the restaurant will delight the senses and create a feeling of fun, playfulness and superior quality.
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Was disappointed that the indian restaurant had closed but tried the new lobby one. Interesting food and mixes cape and SA cuisine with eastern techniques. I tried the bobotie dim sum and was surprised. The chicken tikka was not great as not done in a tandoor. The stuffed breads are also very good. Not a place for romance but none the less fine place esp if on own. Total halaal so no alcohol and at breakfast no pork but macon available on request

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

A beautiful setting with good food and a friendly atmosphere. Child friendly. Thank you Jully Awiduhaye for making our visit extra special

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The idea of a tea paired with dessert is great. The lounge decor is warm and the atmosphere was great for a girls get together. The desserts were good and we enjoyed the experience. Negatives the tea was luke warm...by the time you get to the third cup its cold...I like my tea hot! So the actual tea was unimpressive and we all ordered additional drinks...the desserts were not what was advertised on their menu. We did not get the macaroon with the masala tea or the lemon and lime meringue with the matcha tea. Overall we still enjoyed the afternoon but had they stuck to the menu (as I had prebooked ) and served the tea hot I would have rated as 5 stars. Value for money.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We decided to try out this new restaurant as a family. When I entered i was very impressed by the beautiful decor and ambiance. The friendly waitress brought menus on tablets. This matched the expectation of an sophisticated menu. And the menu was fancy. We were greeted with great complementary bread and humus. Sadly, this was the best of my experience. The water was a horrendous R35 a small bottle.

. I ordered the jinga tandoori tiger prawns. At R235 a plate it came with absolutely nothing else. No sauce, no side, just dry tandoori prawns with uncleaned heads that I started sucking on until I tasted the muck.. this really put me off.

My wife asked for a karoo lamb wrap. This was supposed to come with taatsiki, instead they gave plain yoghurt. Instead of a wrap, we also got a doughy roti. When asked about this, they responded this ia ho it is served.

My eldest son ordered burger sliders, that was nice, except he only got 4 chips that was not all properly cooked.

My other son ordered tandoori chicken wings. It came raw and I sent it back. After a brief wait I got 6 wings that was nice. Again the wings did not come with the stated dhania raita accompaniment. When I asked, they seemed clueless.

Mooi van ver, but ver van mooi.

126... unless u change your game, you will not survive. I totally see why u are so quite!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Wonderful meal last weekend at the Hilton, and friendly attentive service too. Steaks were cooked perfectly and the duck as well. Great flavours and interesting tea pairing as well, the rooibos chocolate truffle worked perfectly with the duck, presentation was well executed too. Homemade ice creams were great, and the deconstructed carrot cake came with the most sublime olive oil ice cream. Worth a try if you are staying in the area or at the hotel.