2,040 results
All reviews bombay brasserie mint restaurant jiva spa twankey bar range rover table mountain excellent hotel in room dining company gardens luxurious hotel mountain view upgraded to a suite concierge desk turn down service high tea long street south africa
Reviewed June 19, 2018

I stayed here while on my honeymoon and was blown away by the service. As soon as we walked in the door, our bags were carried up to the lounge where we had a glass of champagne and were greeted by out Butler. He was so kind and discussed our stay with us. As we were there for our honeymoon, they decorated our room and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine and desserts. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

The buffet was delicious with many choices. Service was fantastic everywhere - the servers at the restaurant, the front desk, the butlers, and the doormen. The location of the Taj is perfect as it is at the end of the street so parking is convenient for loading/unloading and central to all the sights within Cape Town. They offer a complimentary shuttle within the city, though I did not get to use it.

I would highly recommend the Taj to anyone visiting Cape Town and wishing to be central to the city.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth C
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Taj Cape Town is well situated in the heart of Cape Town city center and provides superior accommodation, service, facilities and accessibility to shopping or excursions. I can highly recommend it to both business travelers and leisure. Plenty of sites and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank millsc2018
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Reviewed June 19, 2018

The Taj Hotel once again surpassed all expectations. It provided me with exceptionally good service in very well maintained accommodation with every in-house facility. It cannot be recommended highly enough for the most discerning traveller. I have stayed at the Taj on many occasions for the very reason that its extremely high standards have always been maintained. Save for those who need to be within walking distance of a beach, the Taj is ideal for business people and tourists alike.

Room Tip: It lacked nothing.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank kliz229
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Reviewed June 17, 2018

This is really a great hotel if you have a few days to explore the City Center instead of just the very touristy Harbour area. It is a good safe location and close to restaurants and places that are not too much of a tourist trap. They have a 2 and a half hour FREE City Tour in our case handled knowledgeably by Charne. Amazing. Then they had the 1 hour wine tasting FREE in the hotel. Ably handled by Advocate. The hotel is part of the Taj group so it is very good. Try the Indian restaurant called Bombay. The Lamb Chop Appetizer is fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank warren t
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed only 1 night in this hotel which was a mistake, because it was lovely! I chose the hotel for its location to a venue where we were due to attend an event.

I did not expect much to be honest but was willing to be surprised, and boy was I pleasantly surprised.

We were in a luxury room overlooking the church and I'm sure some mountain views, if it wasn't covered by fog. It's winter after all!

The only reason I took a star off is that the front of house service was not quite 5 star. We pulled up to the hotel, luckily as one of the hotel vehicles were leaving else there'd be nowhere to park and not a valet in sight. It was early evening, around 18h40. After parking and getting our luggage (hand luggage) out of the boot, a valet arrived. He was apologetic and nice enough but fiest impressions count.

Ashley at front desk got us checked in promptly and also took our bags as we were a bit late for our function already. The room was the surprise for me. This kind of value cannot be beaten in cape town at 5 star level.

A beautifully appointed room with a huge king size bed and genuinely a very comfortable sleep was had in that bed. Two wardrobes with full length mirror doors on each. A full bathroom, with bath. Water restrictions are still very much in place so please don't use the bath. The shower was awesome enough.

There were also some of the most delectable macaroons waiting, and coconut ice with a complimentary bottle of wine. We didn't have the wine unfortunately. Also a small bowl of fruit was available.

There was a lovely desk in the room too.
Mini bar was fully stocked and prices reasonable but not cheap. The only thing missing was a coffee machine, but there was a plunger with good ciro coffee.

My husband was the MC at aforementioned function and due to our flight delays he needed to get going. I advised him to ask the concierge to arrange a drop off at the venue. It's close but not that close and in the dark too. I found out later that he was informed to walk, as it's just opposite the road....which it is not. This is the other reason for the drop in star. I left 30 mins later and requested the same, and was dropped off by a very friendly Xolani at the venue in a range rover velar. Very nice car!
So mixed here and considering a man got stabbed right outside the venue we were at, I was even more annoyed at the instruction for hubby to walk.

Breakfast was a lovely affair and we chose to have eggs Benedict off the a la carte menu. I was not overwhelmed by the hollandaise sauce but overall a good dish. Service was also great and coffee was awesome.

On check out, Danielle did a swift job and the valet brought our car out quite promptly too. Our bags were packed and ready to go when we got outside.

Overall, I would stay here again. Beautiful hotel with great rooms and great staff. Location is okay, but suited our purpose. Also we are from cape town so know our way around the city. We also know which risks NOT to take when it comes to safety.

Highly recommend for the value you get.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie J
TAJ C, Manager at Taj Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018