“An unrivalled class act”
Review of Mytours Day Tours

Mytours Day Tours
Ranked #48 of 444 Tours in Cape Town Central
Reviewed December 19, 2017

Just returned from our second visit to Cape Town. Roger was our guide 3 years ago when we last visited and was one of the reasons we didn't hesitate to go back for more of this wonderful place. This time my wife and I travelled with my parents in law and wow, what an experience.
Once again Roger co-ordinated and facilitated a comprehensive package to see whales, penguins, Robben Island, Table Mountain, wine tours etc , etc. Throughout, he demonstrated an extremely high standard with a personal touch akin to being shown round by a close friend. At all times he ensured a unique view of Cape Town and is clearly knowledgeable and passionate about his work and Cape Town. For us this was a trip of a lifetime and were left with a further determination to return again with the extended family. The icing on the cake was the privilege of meeting Roger's wife Rosetta - their hospitality and professionalism was second to none.
Thank you so much for our perfect tours, including all the useful tips that made for easier passage, especially for the more senior members of the group. Look forward to seeing you again, hopefully sooner than later.

Date of experience: November 2017
"private tour"
in 7 reviews
"these guys"

Reviewed December 6, 2017

This is our first trip to Cape town and I was traveling with my wife and little son. We booked a tour via email with Mr.Roger Major. All emails were responded quickly and with all relevant information.

On the day of the tours, Roger picked us up from our hotel punctually. Roger's love for Capetown really shines through his commentary and this makes one want to listen to the stories. He regaled us with both historical and current happenings. Roger adapted to what we wanted and made sure the tour was tailor made to our needs and interests as we went along.
He is a courteous, professional and extremely knowledgeable with a nice sense of humour.

We had an enjoyable trip.
Thank you, Roger.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed November 25, 2017

My husband and I booked a tour with Roger Major in October 2017. We had one day to see Cape Town before our Garden Route tour. Roger took us early to Table Mountain to beat the queues and picked us up and took us on a tour around the City. We then went to Robben Island and after a meal in the waterfront he collected us with his wife and dog and took us back to our hotel where they joined us for a drink. His service was absolutely first class. He was very friendly and knowledgeable and was so helpful when my Robben Island tickets didn't arrive by email. He will tailor make a tour to fit in with what you want and how much time you have. He is a fellow Mancunian but I won't tell you if he is red or blue. Book with him and find out for yourselves!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed November 21, 2017

My Husband, two teenage sons and myself booked a Peninsula Tour with Roger. 2 years ago we booked with roger and decided to do it again.To start with I found all my emails to Roger are answered very promptly which took away a lot of stress when booking a big holiday. On the day of the tour roger picked us up from the hotel on time and it stated from that point. We found Roger very informative with the information he gave and I felt that I learnt a lot about Cape Town and her history, The love that roger has for Cape Town really shines through and makes his information more exiting to listen to. The best part about this tour is that Roger adapted to what we wanted and not the other way around. We skipped a few things and got straight to the locations we wanted to see, Roger gave us plenty of time to explore and we felt it to be very relaxed and enjoyable. The tour itself is great, visiting all the key places down the peninsula. Roger also helped us out with airport transfer when we had to leave cape town which was a big help. Overall a fantastic experience and I really recommend.
Thanks from Monica, Ralph and the kids!

Date of experience: September 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2017

We recently visited South Africa and booked tours with Roger prior to our visit. Roger collected us promptly at our hotel and took us to Table Mountain. We had booked to visit Robben Island in the afternoon, but when arriving at the venue, the trip had been cancelled due to adverse weather. Roger immediately cancelled and re-scheduled his commitments for that afternoon and took us to Cape Point. We had also booked Roger to take us around Stellenbosch during our stay there. Roger again collected us promptly and took us to two wineries that he had chosen. Both were excellent. Roger is highly knowledgeable and informative and we all learned a lot during our tours. The tours were private, which meant that we were not tied to a tour bus and had more flexibility. Roger went out of his way to make sure that we had an enjoyable time - nothing was too much for him. We had pre-booked our tours from the UK via email and received quick, efficient and informative responses. We would highly recommend Roger.

Date of experience: October 2017