“A Terrific Cape Town Tour Guide”
Review of Mytours Day Tours

Mytours Day Tours
Ranked #44 of 355 Tours in Cape Town Central
Reviewed March 18, 2018

My wife and I spent March 2-5 inclusive with Roger Major of Mytours Day Tours in Cape Town. He was terrific. We did a Peninsula Tour, Botanical Gardens Tour, and a Table Mountain Tour. Seven great things about Roger? He was reliable and on time. His vehicle was spotlessly clean and his driving was very safe. He was friendly and informative. He genuinely wanted us to have a good time. His pacing was perfect. He is very articulate. He did not take phone calls when he was with us. His manner is very engaging. Thank you, Roger, for being such a professional. Our friends in Toronto recommended you to us. We have thanked them already. You were a very important and positive part of our Cape Town experience.

All reviews
"the cape peninsula tour"
in 17 reviews
"valuable tips"
"big safari"
in 5 reviews
"cape point"
in 24 reviews
"table mountain"
in 38 reviews
"look forward to seeing you again"
"robben island"
in 4 reviews
"chapman's peak"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

In January myself and 2 friends booked via the Internet with mytours during a port call on a cruise ship.
I was initially concerned about meeting arrangements but was pleased that as we exited the cruise terminal Roger (the owner) was waiting for us as agreed.
We set off in his modern, clean, tidy and well equipped vehicle and were impressed at his level of knowledge of the route taken. He was also able to offer us some optional side visits close to the route for which the only additional charge was the entrance fee to the attraction.
To sum up, this was probably the most informative, enjoyable and best value excursions out of the many I have taken all over the world

Reviewed February 27, 2018

First class experience with Roger Major - day 1 around the wine lands and day 2 down to Cape Point. Very knowledgeable tour guide who couldn’t do enough to ensure we had a great couple of days . Packed in loads and especially loved the wineries he picked out. Highly recommend his services!

Reviewed February 5, 2018

I planned a one day stop in Cape Town as part of a quick weeklong visit to South Africa. I was looking for someone who could navigate me through a lot of activities quickly and make sure that I made the most of my time. Roger did exactly that! He was prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and understood what I needed from my tour experience. I had a last minute addition that I wanted to include, and he was happy to meet my request. He made sure that I could take all of the photos that I wanted along the way. When our stop at Table Mountain ran really late due to massive crowds, he waited patiently for hours. Now running behind schedule, Roger went the extra mile to drop me at my hotel, wait for me to check in, and then take me to the harbor where I could have dinner, all of which was not part of our deal. The next morning he also returned, let me do a couple of quick errands, and then drove me to the airport.

I could not have had a better time, and I cannot say enough good things about my experience. If you have a small group, or are traveling solo like me, I highly recommend this service. It is truly personalized to exactly what you want.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 26, 2017

We are very disappointed with the poor services delivered to the group of physicians and nurses in South Africa. The company only had two (2) staff members: an older gentleman and his wife, both in retirement.

They were completely ill-equipped to handle our group of 110. They don't have buses, they rent them, then sublet the customers at hefty prices.They don't offer credit card services and they want to be paid cash, sixty (60) days in advance for all services.

They misrepresent their services.They overcharge for everything. They even obligated us to pay fees, meals, and lodging for our guides in Johannesburg, despite the fact that we had already paid them a comprehensive price that included "Guide Services"...

Please, stay away...

1  Thank ToussaintL4
CapeTownMytours, Owner at Mytours Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Louis Toussaint is the owner of Traveloganza the tour operator in the US who sent this group to us. He was also one of their two tour group leaders in the group of 110 doctors. We are disappointed with these untrue accusations he has made against us. 1. Older gentleman and his wife, both in retirements. Please have a look at our picture on our website, and you can see we are not in retirement. 2. We don’t have buses, and subcontract. We are a professional tour operator based in Cape Town as mentioned on our website. He contacted us to do his tours in Johannesburg 900 miles from here, why should he assume we have our own 2 x 60 seater buses for him in Johannesburg? We are a small company. It is common practice for tour operators to hire buses for their groups. Also it says on our website that we specialize in small groups, and he comes to us with a large group. We have buses for small groups. 3. Hefty prices. We gave the appropriate group discount for 110 pax, there is a lot of work and responsibility involved in the logistics for movement of 110 people for 9 days. There are companies that specialize in logistics and they charge much more. 4. Don’t offer credit card services. We explained months prior to their arrival that we only have a swipe card machine for the credit card which has to be done manually, and they are in America so it was impossible. I explained that most companies pay with bank transfer, they told me they did not want to pay the bank transfer fees. 5. We want to be paid 60 days before they arrive. The bus companies want the deposit in advance to reserve the buses and without this, no buses will be at the airport for them when they arrive. They only paid the buses the day they arrived which was unacceptable. I see on their traveloganza website, they now offering a group tour to Russia for June 2018 and they require payment by March 2018, this is normal. We are going on a package to China in May and we had to pay deposit last October, so why should he complain when we require the deposit. 6. Meals and lodging. They approached us after they had booked their hotel; if there is a problem about their accommodation they should be putting this on the hotel TripAdvisor account. Meals, when they booked with us they asked us to include the lunches and dinners in the quotation. When they received it, they asked us to take out the lunches and dinners part of the quote and they will arrange their own lunches and dinners. Any complaints and dissatisfactions about their meals should be made to the restaurants and not our TripAdvisor account; they only paid us for the buses and the staff. One of the drivers in Johannesburg called me to say he (Toussaint) was screaming at him and was very rude. On each of the 2 buses we had the legally required driver and guide staff members. We still have all the emails from Traveloganza that can prove our above statements.