All reviews apartments are spacious indoor pool washer and dryer table mountain self catering main bedroom de waterkant living area home away from home central location long street balcony waterfront laundry sa
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

The location is central enough to walk to the waterfront and downtown. The facilties are good and you've got decent space and amenities such as a washer dryer (washing powder and fabric softener included) plus full cooking facilities and decent appliances, crockery etc. So on a self catering level it covers all bases although strangely enough we found no corkscrew. Internet is not great and you get very, very few satellite channels. There are loads of good dining, drinking and shopping options right downstairs or on the block. Overall recommended.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

What an amazing experience. Surpassed all expectations. As a regular travelled to Cape Town I can honestly say o have found my happy place and will make it my new Cape Town home away from home. The staff were unbelievably friendly and accommodating which is a direct reflection on the management. Breakfasts delicious -rooms beautiful and clean and quiet and the location is just tops The hotel is central and a real vibe. The management was so helpful and really ensured my stay was hassle free and memorable. Kudos to the manager for running such a tight ship. I will be back.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2017

Nice size apartments at very good location but especially bedrooms and bathrooms needed some refreshing up. Cleanliness was on very basic level - so don' t look underneath the beds... Service was friendly but little slow and we had quite a lot of confusions even that things were explained in advance. Some noise from street and also from the corridors of the hotel during the night - especially during the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 19, 2017

It's difficult to know where to start with this review. I'm a frequent traveller and arranged a holiday with my local travel agent to incorporate flights and hotel in Cape Town. The agent duly obliged and booked us in here - looked very good (if pricey) on inspection online, however it was all down hill from the moment we arrived.

The 'breakfast' is poor - service isn't great and there isn't a huge amount of room to move about either.

We were travelling with young children, and whilst we expected to do a lot of exploring we also were keen to use the pool that was advertised. So getting to the accommodation only to find that the pool was closed due to a 'leak' - one of many explanations that we got for it being not available actually - was more than disappointing. I did raise this with the 'management' - the deputy GM actually as the actual GM tends to hide behind his staff when it comes to customer complaints, but more on that later.

Anyway, the apartment we had was actually very nice - it was on the top floor, great views over the city and very spacious. During the week though problems started to develop. One of the days the electricity ran out - middle of the night, The electricity is topped up at this property using pay as you meters. This isn't uncommon in Cape Town actually but you'd have thought they would check the meter daily when servicing the room to make sure it was ok. No? OK.

On our 3rd day, we started to notice a quite pungent smell coming from the water supply and one of the on suites in one of the bedrooms had a particularly bad smell of sewage coming from it. Low and behold, that very same day we came back to be advised that both of the main lifts were out of action due to a 'water leak' - is this place falling apart? - and the electricity was also off in the main bar and restaurant areas. They were sorry for any inconvenience. Well the staff were - the management was nowhere to be seen, even during what can only be classed as a crisis no management were available! Now, we are on the 11th floor, with 3 children 12 years and under. To get to the apartment now (unless you wanted to use the stairs - 11 floors) we had to get one of the hotel workers to let us use the service lift - use of which can only be done using one of their fobs as these lifts are normally out of bounds for guests. You can imagine the chaos ... the lifts remained out of action for the rest of our stay and are probably still not working now for all i know.

We got on with the holiday, although the accommodation experience ruined what was a great holiday in a great destination.

Day before we were due to leave, I asked to speak to a manager to make a complaint about the accommodation - aah, it's after 5pm you see and no manager works after 5pm. Interesting, OK - I'll make an appointment then, tomorrow morning at 08:30.

Next morning at 08:30 - General Manager wasn't in yet - obviously got wind of a customer complaint and decided to stay away. I did meet the Deputy General Manager though - she was very defensive, gave me three reasons why the pool was out of action, including that the pool is heated and guests don't normally use it during the summer season (really?). The lift problem (which were still not working when we met) was due to a water leak - I knew that, what's your point? I insisted she should be looking at some sort of compensation, she said she would raise it with the General Manager when he comes in and get back to me.

I did get a call back, early the following week, and was advised that after speaking to the General Manager they were going to offer a refund, to the card I used to pay with. The amount was acceptable to me and I told them I appreciated the gesture and would consider the matter closed. That was 4 weeks ago - no refund, no contact - I've called them several times and emailed them twice with no response. Looking at other reviews, this seems pretty typical of the attitude of the management of this place, and they really don't have an appreciation of customer care or customer experience.

My prediction here is that the General Manager will respond to this post (it's actually the only time he seems to be available), with a usual aggressive style that he seems to think is acceptable on this forum and blame the customer (me) - the assistant General Manager is no better and is clearly following her mentor in terms of approach

There are some lovely properties available to the traveller at the top end of the market, and if you could choose I wouldn't go here. Its substandard approach to customer care is behind the times and you really will have a better experience elsewhere - apart from that there seems to be a number of issues with the building that do not seem to be going away

Room Tip: take one that you don't need the lifts to get to as they may not be working
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Simon M
Colin J, General Manager at Rockwell All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Dear Simon M
As previously explained that during the time of your stay we experienced an unprecedented flood. 25000l of water expelled from the fire sprinkler tanks, on the top of the roof of the building. This caused extensive damage to the property, including the lifts, DSTV, Internet, electricity among other services and inconvenienced a number of guests. Of which you were one. And we are very sorry for this.

As you say, I was not available to see or speak with you at the time, not because I did not want to or in hiding from you, but was busy with damage control and contractors. So your personal attack on me is unfounded as we never did meet or speak directly.

Be that as it may, my staff did speak to me about your complaints and yes, we immediately approved a proportionate refund, which has been processed and left our account soon thereafter. Now that you have informed us via TripAdvisor that you have not received this refund, We will investigate the matter further and inform you by email where the problem is.

We understand your frustration and apologise again for the inconvenience.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

Sorry, my English is not so good.
Our stay was wonderful. Thank you. Service, Clealiness andValue was very Good. The rooms with a wonderfull view to the Mountain Table was perfekt.
With warm regards