See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My mate Nick and I stayed at Amber Tree for a weekend and had a great time. Steven and Wayne looked after us so well - nothing was too much trouble. Great location, too. We could walk to restaurants nearby or on Long Street.
Reasonably priced and incredibly clean. We couldn't have asked for more.
Dan

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanOnParma
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was a peaceful oasis within Capetown. Unlike other hostels in this area the staff really cared about giving you information so that every day in CT or onward trips would be the best possible. Probably among the friendliest hostel staff I have ever experienced. As for the Lodge - It was very cozy and super clean. The beds were comfortable and great views from the upper porch. The zen terrace in back is also a great place to read and have a morning coffee.
-Ben S.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ben S
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This place is so friendly. I have done a lot of travelling recently around South Africa and have to say that this place is one of the nicest places I have stayed. Its in an ideal location, the staff are extremely friendly, its very clean with great bathroom facilities and you have an amazing view of Table Mountain. I would highly recommend this place and would hope to return back here one day.

Thanks for an amazing stay........Stacey, Chris and Gwen :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBear87
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently travelled out to Cape Town as part of an extended 4 week holiday in South Africa. This was my first time in South Africa and I couldn't have wished for a better start. Amber Tree Lodge is phenomenal, a fantastic accommodation that is ran expertly ran by Steve and managed by Wayne. It is immaculately clean, the staff are fantastic, the location is superb but more importantly there is a homely feel about the property that is very hard to rival.

After 3 weeks of backpacking the Winelands and Garden Route, I honestly felt like I was returning home when I got back to the Amber Tree.

I have literally ran out of superlatives for this property, I work in the travel sector and I'm very difficult to please, however Amber Tree succeeded were 5* hotels have failed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CryptiQ
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed 10 days in the 2 bed rooms bathroom ensuite. Warm & professional welcome. Clean room, clean linnen, awesome bed. WiFi for free and a very good coffee with Toast in the Morning. Any requests were promptly answered. For boing out just the right spot. Silent sleep, but Longstreet in walking distance.

Stayed: December 2013