US$310
US$199
  • Breakfast included
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$146
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$111
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$93
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

The Commodore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$161
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$189
Agoda.com
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$162
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$257
US$218
Priceline
Parliament Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$51
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 22, 2014

First the "cons": the check-in process was painful. I stood outside of Rose Lodge for 10 minutes ringing the bell before knocking on the window. I asked the staff why they didn't answer the bell and they concluded that I didn't ring it. I think I know how to press a button. Aside from that, the wi-fi did not work at all in the room, only in the common area. And the TV only gets about five channels.

Now the "pros": I really liked the room itself (#2, with the balcony), and thought it was a great value compared to other accommodations in the area. It was clean, secure, and comfortable. There is access to a kitchen with self-serve breakfast (cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit, eggs), which I was fine with. Street parking in front of the building was easy to find, and there is an attended who watches the cars on the street from 7 PM to 7 AM. It's within walking distance to several restaurants, bars, and shops.

Overall I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2014

Firstly let me apologize if your check-in did not go as smoothly as it should have. This is certainly not a regular occurrence at our B&B and as it was not brought to my attention at the time I do not know exactly what happened. I'm sure you know how to ring a bell and my staff meant no offense I'm sure when they asked you if you had rung the bell.

Unfortunately on some of the portals that we are on we have no control over the text or the description of the exact facilities available at our B&B. Perhaps you made your booking on one of them. On OUR website it is made very clear that there is NO satellite TV and that wifi is available in the communal area. Some people, however, can access it in their room. I am not an expert on these matters and have yet to find out the reason why. I once again apologize if this was of great inconvenience to you. This is Africa and internet here is not as good, fast or reliable as in other parts of the world yet. Hopefully that will change.

We thank you for recommending us in spite of our shortcomings.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very disappointing choice because of these reasons:
a) the whole house feels claustrophobic and there is practically no natural light (I had booked a different room that I was given)
b) self service breakfast is very poor, items are of discount store quality
c) never met the famed owner Bruce whom I could contact via email I was told!!!
d) the airport transfer I booked thru them arrived half an hour late
I definitely recommend booking ROSE LODGE which looked so much nicer (full of light and airy).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

We are very sorry you were not happy with your accommodation. I think you are expressing your own personal feelings as no one has ever found our guesthouse claustrophobic. Our breakfast buffet is certainly not of discount quality but it is self-serve which most guests don't mind. Bruce, the famed owner, is now semi-retired because of his age (64) and he has wonderful staff who do most everything for him while he does the admin. I can only apologize if the transfer arranged by me was not on time. I use a local taxi company which is usually very punctual. Thank you for recommending ROSE LODGE. Perhaps you will come back again and stay there.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

22 on rose is part of the Rose Lodge, run by Bruce and his staff. Bruce was incredibly helpful when we couldn't find our driver upon arrival at the airport and staff-member Andrew did an incredible job making us feel welcome and providing all the needed info to make our stay successful. Rooms are ok-sized, beds comfortable and oh how happy i was with the water pressure! (we don't get to have showers like that in rwanda ;) ) Breakfast is prepared in the small kitchen/communal area and was excellent. My friend took the upstairs room, which turned out to have an amazing rooftop with beautiful views attached to it! (see picture) One night we just ate cheese and had great wine up there. Bruce and his team also linked us to a great car rental and provided detailed maps of the neighborhood! We could easily and safely walk towards long street and green square market during the day (max 10 min) and there are some great restaurants nearby. Will come back here for sure next time I visit Cape Town!

Room Tip: The upstairs room (forgot the number) is spacious and has the rooftop connected to it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our guesthouse. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us :)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you are looking for a good place to stay in the Bo-Kaap, 22 On Rose would be a good option; The room in which I stayed for the night had a large outside deck, on two different levels, complete with lounge chairs - A great way to watch the city come to life (or go to sleep!). You will be provided with the makings for your breakfast every morning, which you can then assemble to your preference. The rooms were clean, and well furnished.

All in all, I found it to be a great place, safe, and very close to Long Street, Green market square, and more or less most of the sight-seeing stops in the City. The staff is helpful, friendly, and really know the do's and don'ts of Cape Town, so it's well worth asking!

If you are looking to explore Cape Town, and experience the culturally rich Bo-Kaap, 22 On Rose is well worth considering; A good balance of value and comfort.

Room Tip: The upstairs room is more isolated, plus has a big rooftop deck, while the lower rooms have doors leading onto the the communal area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your positive review.
Regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We chose 22 on Rose due to it's close proximity to the Waterfront (about 20 minute walk). However, be aware that Rose Street is in a less afluent area of Cape Town and therefore expect unemployed people loitering or just a little further on homeless people setting up camp.

It's also in a muslim area so at 5.30am the local Iman calls locals to prayer. it only lasts 10 minutes but it's enough to disturb your sleep.

On the positive side, the accommodation is comfortable and clean. If you like the flexibility of preparing your own breakfast at a time that suits you, Rose on 22 offers that. There is a small basic kitchen so you could choose to prepare your own dinner or order a take-away if you decide on having a 'night in'.

It is also secure which was important for me as I was visiting to ride Cape Argus and needed somewhere secure to store my bike.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple