Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$143
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$110
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$121
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$80
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$62
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$93
  • Pool
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$91
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

The Commodore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$119
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Parliament Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$51
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$210
US$179
Priceline
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing stay in Capetown. Bruce (owner) is Canadian, very hospitable and pleasant. He gave us a tour of the neighbourhood and provided some useful tips about Capetown. Room was comfortable and clean. We would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our guesthouse. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us so much.
Regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2015

This place actually has three buildings; I stayed at the Rose Lodge at 28 Rose Street. There were two rooms upstairs and another one off the tiny courtyard. Downstairs is a small kitchen (where breakfast is made for you!) and a dining room - which is also the only reliable place you can get WiFi. My room was small, but comfortable and had a full bath with a nice shower. No toiletries are provided, but they change the towels daily. The proprietor, Bruce, was very helpful in arranging transportation to and from the airport.

The place is only staffed during certain hours, so you need to let them know when you are arriving. It is very safe. My only negative comment is that there is really no "lounge" or sitting area...you can sit in the dining room but this room is used by the staff during the day for ironing and other chores, so it is not very relaxing. In addition, the noise carries up the stairs, so if you try to have a rest in the afternoon, it is not very quiet.

However, the location and price cannot be beat and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our guesthouse.
Best regards,
Bruce & his team

Reviewed December 1, 2014

I had an ok stay here. I was really insistent on staying here due to the location despite my friend's reluctance. I will say that the location here is outstanding and is walkable from a lot of good points throughout Cape Town's City Center.

PROS:
-Great and convenient location. It was in Bo Kaap within walking distance of Cape Town's greatest landmarks. It was also really safe in this area and quite secure. Walking around was safe and easy to navigate around.
-Breakfast was good. They provided eggs, brown bread, muffins, yogurt, juice, fruit, and coffee tea that you can eat/make at your leisure. This was very convenient considering my mornings were very early and I was able to eat a solid breakfast before my daily excursions.
-Great price
-They have hot water and no troubles with the shower at all
-New towels daily

CONS:
-I felt the service was a bit lacking. I was not warmly greeted by staff and everything felt like a business transaction rather than an inviting stay.
-In a perfect world, quiet hours would be observed. however, on my last night here you could literally hear everything from the kitchen as the other guests were not respecting the quiet hours. This was in the middle of the night and caused a sleepless night for me. The walls here are thin here, so hopefully your neighbors can respect quiet hours when you're here.
-A little TOO secure. It took 3 keys to get into your room, and the keys are very old-fashioned so the first couple of times it took 10 minutes to get into the building, let alone your room. The safe was ANOTHER key.
--Wi-fi was lacking or non-existent. The service was poor.

Overall, a pretty average stay. I would stay here again if I was alone but I'm not sure if I would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room not close to the kitchen to avoid hearing all the noise from disrespectful guests.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our guesthouse. You have given us food for thought which is always helpful.
Edward, Daniel & Bruce

Reviewed November 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently on vacation to South Africa. Upon arrival we were greeted with a clean, neat and well appointed efficiency accommodation. This location is in the Bo Kaap area and is convenient to downtown and the magnificent waterfront area. This location is very secure but take normal precautions for your personal safety and security while walking around. Thanks to the staff and management for a great visit to Cape Town!

Room Tip: The owner has at least three locations within a few blocks. We used two of them and were well pleased! One or more have a roof top patio providing a unique view of the area!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive review of our guesthouse. We are always happy to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2014

First the "cons": the check-in process was painful. I stood outside of Rose Lodge for 10 minutes ringing the bell before knocking on the window. I asked the staff why they didn't answer the bell and they concluded that I didn't ring it. I think I know how to press a button. Aside from that, the wi-fi did not work at all in the room, only in the common area. And the TV only gets about five channels.

Now the "pros": I really liked the room itself (#2, with the balcony), and thought it was a great value compared to other accommodations in the area. It was clean, secure, and comfortable. There is access to a kitchen with self-serve breakfast (cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit, eggs), which I was fine with. Street parking in front of the building was easy to find, and there is an attended who watches the cars on the street from 7 PM to 7 AM. It's within walking distance to several restaurants, bars, and shops.

Overall I would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Camillelachance, Manager at 22 On Rose, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2014

Firstly let me apologize if your check-in did not go as smoothly as it should have. This is certainly not a regular occurrence at our B&B and as it was not brought to my attention at the time I do not know exactly what happened. I'm sure you know how to ring a bell and my staff meant no offense I'm sure when they asked you if you had rung the bell.

Unfortunately on some of the portals that we are on we have no control over the text or the description of the exact facilities available at our B&B. Perhaps you made your booking on one of them. On OUR website it is made very clear that there is NO satellite TV and that wifi is available in the communal area. Some people, however, can access it in their room. I am not an expert on these matters and have yet to find out the reason why. I once again apologize if this was of great inconvenience to you. This is Africa and internet here is not as good, fast or reliable as in other parts of the world yet. Hopefully that will change.

We thank you for recommending us in spite of our shortcomings.