“Best indian food for the best price in CT”
Review of Vintage India

Vintage India
Ranked #216 of 1,288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is located next to Garden shopping center. Best authentic Indian cuisine and Indochinese food in Cape town.
Reviewed March 17, 2017

I have reviewed a lot of Indian restaurants on CT from a number of different countries/cities as I travel a lot for work. I tried a few different indian restaurants during my 2 week stay in CT. Keep in mind, I never went to the restaurant as I always got delivery via Uber eats. Anyways, I ordered from here twice and was never disappointed. I ordered the lamb skewer appetizer and Chicken Tikka Masala both times. The lamb appetizer was average, good flavor and tender meat. The Chicken Tikka Masala on the other hand was fantastic. Really authentic flavor and very tender pieces of chicken. I did not have one bad piece of chicken in either of my orders, very consistent. Would order from again.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

The lovely Indian owner will always greet you with a smile and a "Hello my number one!", and recommend his favourite dish. The place is often booked out completely by a bus of Indian tourists..if that's not a sign that it's good, then i don't know what is :)

Reviewed March 5, 2017

May 1 dinner: Vinatge India is one of those places where time has not moved - it is those old style places which were in vogue in the past decades and where the focus is on food and service and not on ambience. We started with veg sweet corn soup and while my folks found it okay, I found it quite bland. The kichdi was good. Among curries, we had the paneer tikka masala and chilli milli. Both the curries tasted good. The service was attentive. However, the place was very empty for a sunday night.

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

You can get Jain food here also. Nice ambience.
Good service. Nice place for Indian food specially vegetarians.

I just recommend this hotel. During 1st visit I was disappointed but on the 2nd Visit it's upto the mark.

Many famous Indian Group tour operators provide dinner here only.

Keep it up.

1  Thank sunil g
Reviewed February 19, 2017

We are always greeted with a broad smile by the head waitor , John. A very pleasant gentleman indeed. He is always willing to share his expetise regarding dishes on the menu. Both veg and non veg dishes are available and worth a try are potato baskets and crackling spinach starters.I did find the drinks a tad expensive but the food prices are comparable to other indian restaurants serving similar dishes. Restaurant ambiance is also not bad with a big screen tv and air con if required. Parking can be found either outside the premises which is limited and on the road or in the Garden centre shopping mall. Overall a very relaxing and tasty experience

1  Thank HappycampersCT1