Book now, pay at stay
US$136
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$103
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$100
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$68
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$120
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

The Commodore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$133
Agoda.com
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
Priceline
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$148
Priceline
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$412
1,770 results
All reviewsplanet restauranthigh teaoasis restaurantpink ladychef's tablefamous afternoon teatennis courtscolonial hotelgrand damegrand old ladytable mountainmain buildingjunior suitecompany gardensoystersconcierge deskwonderful hotel
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Mount Nelson is one of Cape Town's oldest and most venerable institutions...and with good reason. From the moment you step through the front door of the very pink building, you are transported to another world where manners are a given and you feel welcomed.

Check in is an absolute breeze and you are shown up to your room with its lovely view, beautiful bed and bank of cupboards with every kind of hanger you can possibly ask for. The in-room safe is easy to operate and the toiletries in the bathroom are fantastic.

The staff are attentive without being intrusive, as well as being helpful and considerate. Even the lady who turns down your bed is willing to have a chat with you if you fancy it. The concierge is very well informed and will spend time giving you the history of the hotel if you're interested, while also being able to give you directions to any of Cape Town's attractions.

Breakfast is served in the conservatory and suits every taste from the continental type to a full English and everything in between. Afternoon tea is served in the same spot and is a wonderful little jaunt, particularly in a cold and grey Cape Town winter.

The hotel is also wonderfully positioned, being a 10min drive down to the Waterfront and not much further to Cape Town's most famous landmark - Table Mountain.

Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in Cape Town for a similar price.

Room Tip: The garden facing rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed at the Mount Nelson for 5 nights. The service at this Hotel is outstanding. The staff are friendly,attentive and always greet guests with a warm smile. From the moment I arrived I was was made to feel not only welcome,but as a very special guest.
As I checked in, I suddenly realized I had left my credit card in the ATM at Cape Town airport. I immediately panicked and began to feel as though I was going to unravel very quickly. I did not know what to do! Crystal, who was doing my check in was calm and professional, while I went into melt down mode she quietly got MasterCard on the phone and then simply handed the phone over. My card was cancelled within minutes and crisis was contained. As I started to cry through stress and exhaustion Crystal gave me a warm hug and comforted me like I was her own family.
The service continued at this level throughout our stay,I cannot praise the staff highly enough. My husband and I have stayed in many Hotels throughout the world and The Mount Nelson is voted as No1 without a doubt.
The room was beautiful,always clean and well stocked with amenities. Towels are always in good supplymand the bathroommis clean and so ions with a lovely hot shower and great water pressure.
The breakfast menu is great with a buffet selection complimented with hot cooked breakfast as you like! Fresh squeezed orange Juice is just that! The Planet Bar and restaurant don't disappoint either,with top quality wine,food and beer's.
All in all our stay at the Mount Nelson has been a wonderful experience, and I hope to one day return.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had a long stay in this excellent hotel- the best place in cape town. Beautiful buidling, full of charm, attentive staff - concierge and reception staff always with a smile and they do their best to make you feel at home immediately. The concierge was proud on his hotel and explained me with passion the history of the hotel, a passionate and very pleasant moment for me- so personal and heartwarming. Rooms are excellent - roomservice food of exceptional; good quality and dining in THE PLANET restaurant is an experience ( They rate in the top 20 of South Africa's best restaurants)- this is an example set by the orient express group , great hotel management and staff. I hope and encourage them to keep it up! And the view ...next to the touble mountain in the nicest city of the world a real dream!

Room Tip: Choose main building - if you have the chance and money go for a deluxe suite! They are fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank toversti
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My teenage daughters and I stayed 5 nights at the Mount Nelson. The service was beyond comparison - the concierge was always available to answer questions about excursions, etc. In fact, the hotel provides drivers for a quick ride to town, or a longer trip around the Cape, etc. Afternoon tea is a must, and the complimentary breakfast is incredible. Every single staff member was gracious and friendly. Mount Nelson is charming and old-world, but the rooms are modern and quite luxurious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We first stayed in the Mount Nelson on our honeymoon in 2005 and have been returning ever since. The service is faultless and although we have stayed in various part of the hotels, even the "standard" rooms are lovely and big with lovely marble bathrooms and fantastic super king sized beds. Very friendly staff at breakfast - the breakfast manager is the same one since we first visited, and is very attentive to clearing dishes, having people served quickly and making sure the buffet is kept topped up etc - the man never rests! It is also lovely to have had the same waitress, Katie, who we have had the pleasure of meeting every year! It;s a good sign that the staff are retained for so long. It is fantastic to be so near to town, yet feel like you are in a peaceful, lush setting. It is lovely to go to the Planet Bar for a pre or post dinner drink on the weekend and people watch, as it attracts locals as well as guests - Ishmael at the Planet Bar was also very friendly and attentive. When we visited last year with our 8 month old baby, they had set up a lovely wooden cot (not just a travel cot) and also gave us a basket of Johnsons baby toiletries and a stuffed toy - which was a lovely touch. Another nice touch is that there is always a hand written note and a bottle of complementary wine in our room, welcoming us back. We have yet to be disappointed and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you are celebrating a special anniversary / birthday during your stay, let reception know ahead of time and you may be given a complimentary room upgrade. Rooms in the annexes, rather than main hotel, tend to be larger. Rooms in Oasis wing appear to be smallest, based on my experience.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family