We stayed in a private ensuite room of one of the 2 Ashanti guest houses on Union Street for a week, which is a short 3-minute walk from the main building. The room was clean and quiet, although the shower and toilet was only partitioned and not a separate room. This accommodation is perfect for couples or other leisure travellers who would prefer staying away from the young backpacker crowds in the dorms. A communal kitchen is available for you to prepare a simple meal but we didn't use it much as there were many restaurant choices in the neighbourhood, especially Kloof Street is just around the corner. There is also a verandah in the guest house - a perfect place for us to have some tea and snacks in the late afternoon.
The travel centre was excellent and the staff was very helpful for arranging our trips to the wine area and Cape Point. The information available was comprehensive. We would definitely recommend you to make use of it if you want to plan some trips around Cape Town or beyond.
Free 1-hour Wi-Fi is offered to the guests every day but you can only get access in the main building, not in the guest house. This is enough for you to check your e-mails, etc.
The Kumasi cafe is a great place for breakfast. It only costs you R35 and you can have a basic buffet selection of cereals, eggs, pastry, fruits, cheese and coffee/tea. We sat on the terrace and enjoyed the stunning views of Table Mountain in the morning sunshine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Victorian mansion boasts clean, comfortable rooms and handy innovations like individual reading lights, personal safes and international plug points. Our sparkling pool, landscaped gardens, spacious balconies and palm-fringed sundecks are great for chilling out - while our legendary Kumasi Bar is the place to party! We serve delicious meals in our bar and also have a well-equipped kitchen for self-catering. We offer all accommodation options, including private, en-suite rooms in our guesthouse around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ashanti Lodge Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashanti Lodge Gardens Hotel Cape Town Central
- Ashanti Lodge Gardens Cape Town, South Africa