Ashanti Lodge Gardens Backpackers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lady Hamilton Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
SunSquare Cape Town Gardens(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Cadogan(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Fritz Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
More Quarters Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Ikhaya Lodge(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
All reviewslong streettable mountainbunk bedsgreat backpackersdorm roomtravel deskswimming poolshared bathroommain buildingnice place to staykloof streetenjoyed my stayguest housegarden routecompany gardensthe location is perfecthostel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at Ashanti for 6 nights.
The old house is really nice but unfortunately you hear everything. Even when people are talking at the corridor. My room was next to the bar and that was even worse! The music was so loud, you couldn`t talk while you where having a drink!? How could I sleep than? And even after midnight was music and people where screaming and what ever... But anyway, it`s a hostel/backpacker.
The travel centre arranged some very good tours, so that was much fun!
Some informations in the map in my rooms were wrong e.g. times and costs.
And the worst thing was, that I have to discuss things about money early in the morning at 05:45 with the guy who`s doing the night shift.My taxi was waiting for me and my Bus back home too. Why has nobody asked me before?I was there every day. I was really unhappy this morning.

Room Tip: Don`t go in the room next to the bar !
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
LisaMas0n, Owner at Ashanti Lodge Gardens Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Hi there!
Thank you for your constructive criticism. Unfortunately, you are right - the room next to the bar IS very noisy and we do usually warn guests about that and try and put people in there who are likely to be in the bar themselves :-) If you had come to reception after your first day, we would have definitely moved you to a quieter room and even possibly upgraded you. This is the first I have heard of your unhappiness!
The travel centre file in your room is updated as regularly as possible, however things change all the time and sometimes something does fall through the cracks :-( The guys at the front desk or at the travel centre DO have up-to-date info though.
In terms of paying on check-out. We actually do have a sign at reception asking for payment in advance and most of our guests usually do that. Surely if you knew you were leaving so early in the morning, you would have settled up your bill in advance?
I hope that one day you will come back and visit us again regardless of the above.
Regards
Lisa

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Ashanti hostel was the perfect place to stay in Cape Town. It is walking distance from long Street, but still on a quiet peaceful street with a stunning view of table mountain (Even from the restroom!). The staff was very good, bar was great, rooms and bathrooms were clean. I recommended this place to some fellow travelers and they loved it too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank udaybalaji
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Ashanti have really got it nailed for travellers. Scrupulously clean dorms, amazingly comfortable beds, a cosy bar and a great breakfast at really good price plus a little free internet time everyday for all guests. Oh and did I say they have a swimming pool ?

Room Tip: We were very happy with four of us in a dorm but if you are unsure about sharing the private rooms with en-suite seem good value too.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Nice people are staying here, nice and friendly and helpfull staff, overall is there a good athmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Everything you could need is offered here. Rooms clean and tidy and very easy to sort out any trips you may want to go on. The toilet upstairs has the best views in cape town!

• Stayed: February 2012