“Sushi special...or not?”

Xiang Yuan
Ranked #982 of 1,299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Reviewed June 2, 2018

We saw the advertised "eat as much as you like" sushi option and decided to try this. The restaurant is quite poorly lit and wasn't very full. There are some restrictions on how many of certain pieces you can ask for, but there was quite a range anyway so that was not really a problem.
I thought the food was average, apart from the hand roll whose seaweed wrap was like a wet facecloth! That was grim and after I had taken a bite of that I didn't really eat much more.
My husband did try most of the options, and said they were fine, but he is not particularly fussy ;-)

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed December 15, 2015

Some of the food is quite good, some others options are fairly poor. However it's just not a very nice place to be. We had to ask for the table to be cleaned because it was sticky when we sat down. The order was wrong but was corrected fairly quickly though. The service was, at best, sullen. I'm sure there are better places to go in the area.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

Sushi was average, you get what you pay for. We had avo maki, some avo pieces were unripe, others a bit off. Very cheap!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed November 11, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the previous reviews and being to the restaurant I can affirm that one gets what he pays for.

It is my second visit to a "Eat-as-much-as-you-like" Suhsi and Chinese cuisine in Cape Town.

Regarding the service, it was not bad at all (Visited on a Tuesday at 10:00PM and it was empty).

I have tried the spring rolls to start, which came very hot, generous and tasty and tasty, but unfortunately very oily as well, with a sweet chili sauce blended with water, a lot, and possibly sugar.

I then ordered a bunch of sushi, which had an average/regular presentation and tasted good as well.

The cons to the sushi is the massive amount of rice, which won't let one take advantage of their special. It's a business strategy. One wants sushi, not rice pilled portions of thin salmon/tuna/prawn. Plus, the rice is not of high range/quality, with a poor taste as a result.

I'd suggest one takes advantage of the Chinese cuisine instead of the sushi in this restaurant. If you order sushi, do not order massive amount (due to the rice).

P.S.: Only 6 sashimi AND 6 salmon roses per customer. That's the only limit posed by the menu.

P.S.2: You pay for leftovers of 50g >> R20 on sushi and R10 on Chinese food.

Reviewed September 14, 2014

Appalled. Paid 130 for the buffet. What a ripoff.My partner and I both went. The waitress purposefully did not bring my orders and had to wait extra long for our food. Other customers who did not take the buffer had way better sushi and food. We were given thin pieces of salmon with chunks of rice. Presentation was utterly disgusting. On top of that, you have to use the loo in their house! Don't do it.

Date of visit: September 2014