“Casual Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

A great restaurant, with friendly staff, great margaritas, and awesome food.

The atmosphere is always buzzing in the evening, as a variety of people arrive to catch up with friends or have a cosy dinner date.

PS. You HAVE to try the Gingerbread Tequila - perfect way to end off your meal - Trust me! (Even if you hate tequila - I promise: this will make you reconsider)

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I've been to fat cactus many times, whether it's with family, friends or even just my partner and I. It never disappoints. The service is always consistent and the food is always amazing. Of my favourites would be their nachos and gingerbread tequila! It's a must have! They are extremely affordable too.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We were a a group of about 7 adults who visited on a Sunday evening. The waiter at the entrance first tried to show us away by saying they were full but the manager overheard this and quickly apologized and made room for us.
He explained they were short staffed and he would personally look after us.
Well the evening was the best yet that we had in CT. We were introduced to their in house tequila, Gingerbread, and the manager kept up with our orders, drinks and giving advice on best meals. We had a great evening in a very fun and vibby restaurant. Will highly recommend it. Food was good and tasty drinks were cold and enjoyable.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I have not visited the Fat Cactus is years and my memory served me right. Food is good, atmosphere is great and people are friendly. Great big jug of icy stuff with alcohol - delish. Not fine dining but good food and they serve waffles. If a waffle is on the menu and it is a good waffle I am in. Loved it. Will go back again.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

If you want to drink margarita : great place!
If you want to eat, not so much. What Mexican place doesn't serve guacamole??? and give you 6 small lost calamari rings per order (with a sad bland sauce to go with it). We stayed 5 mins and went elsewhere.