All reviews central location st georges mall breakfast and dinner welcome drink long street waterfront conference cbd taxis
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Omg , I'll have to do points, noise level unbelievable, coming from the street , window broken, wind coming through the window was storm force at time gales, that's only the front of hotel, smells coming up from the street horrible, ,at the back of the hotel crowd of people gathering all night 100,s of people sleeping rough, felt very unsafe, bring a small spoon if taken breakfast at this hotel as they have a shortage for some reason, lift another story, you could spend a long time going up or down in the lift , it had a mind of its own, give it a miss

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lorrainebrowne34
Zane L, Rooms Division Manager at Fountains Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Hello Lorraine, I am sorry we did not meet your approval. Fortunately we also have many wonderfully excellent reviews. So I guess it's like all things in life: you can't please everyone - but we certainly do try our very best and our positive reviews from happy guests attest to this. We do however sincerely apologize for the window and lift which have since both been attended to. Best regards
THE FOUNTAINS TEAM :-)

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Myself and my daughter, were booked in a guesthouse but we were unhappy to stay as booked as we were not informed that it was a room in a house and not a guesthouse. We then started searching for a room in a Hotel late at night. We were tired and arrived after midnight, being my daughter’s 21st birthday. We were greeted by the Night Manager “Archie”, who welcomed us and ensured check in was speedy and that our stay was pleasant. During breakfast, the staff sang “Happy Birthday” to my daughter with cuppy cake and candles. Next day, we toured Capetown and didn’t know if we will get back to CBD and there was no booking but we did get back late again! Once again, the same Night Manager booked us a room, in spite of the fact that it was almost full occupancy. I highly recommend this charming Hotel and professional staff to travelers to the Mother City as this Hotel is central, offers great breakfast, clean rooms and great views and excellent service. We will not hesitate to stay at the Fountains Hotel again on our next trip to Cape Town. The staff go the extra mile for guests and nothing is a favour. They are very well trained by the Hospitality Industry.

Room tip: Your rating blocks are not working but I rate this Hotel 4 Star plus
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2018

My husband suffered a stroke so we were off loaded off our cruise ship prior to leaving Cape Town. The Ship's Agent booked me into this hotel for 5 nights at short notice. It was close to the hospital but I was not able to walk to the hospital because of safety issues - I caught a taxi each way every day. The Receptionist was extremely helpful to me as I had a bit of administration work to do as a result of my husband being in hospital. I sincerely appreciate her kindness to me. During the period I stayed at the hotel there were very few guests which made me nervous moving around the hotel. The immediate surrounds of the hotel had a lot of 'street people' - including very close to the hotel's front doors which meant it was problematic for me at times to get from the taxi safely into the hotel. I know that I was lucky one day as two hotel staff were standing quietly by the front door but back against the glass wall when I got out of the taxi. A young, well dressed man came from no where and he was in my face and I felt he was about to strike me and steal my handbag when he noticed the two men standing by the door. He then said to me 'sorry' and then walked slowly backwards. I quickly ran into the hotel. My other concerning incident at the hotel was when I could not open my safe with the key pad. I had for the two previous days been in and out of the safe as I needed to prepare paperwork. Despite putting the correct numbers into the safe I got a message to the affect that I had put in the wrong number. I inserted the correct number again and got the same message which was when I realised that someone had been using random numbers to try and open my safe. I found this problem at 1.30 a.m. and it was not until one of the management staff came at 8.30 a.m. that I knew that everything was still in my safe when he was able to open the safe with special keys. I have now read another review on Trip Advisor from a person from Singapore who stayed at the hotel in December 2017 and they assert that they had Euros 400 taken from their safe with a resulting Police Report. My other security concern was the messages I was getting on my PC's (I have excellent security) when I used the Hotel's wifi. Thankfully my software was able to block all of the numerous hacking attempts. When I got the message that the attempts were blocked I would stop using the PC. This did not happen when I moved hotels and used the new hotel's wifi. As a lone woman in the hotel and because of the security issues in and around the hotel which I experienced I would unfortunately have to say that there are safer areas of Cape Town to stay as a tourist than the downtown area.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Evron M
Reviewed January 24, 2018

Stayed in privately owned roof top room of this hotel which was awesome! The view of the city and distant mountains were great. We at at the restaurant which had a very good buffet for breakfast and dinner that was reasonably priced and had a lot of variety. The bartender was also very good and personably. The bellmen were also very helpful for us. Overall, great experience.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Excellent setting and professional service. Value for money.Food of the highest quality and tastefully served.
Rooms are modern and spacious. Bathroom is really modern and extra spacious.Worth a second and third stay.

Date of stay: September 2017