1,090 results
All reviews long street trendy hotel table mountain standard room bars and restaurants camps bay kloof street milkshakes waterfront executive gm laptop rand ct uber boutique
Reviewed May 15, 2017

Stayed 4 nights in May 2017. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful with everything from recommending and booking restaurants to helping with electrical converters. Within walking distance of several good restaurants and the in hotel restaurant was very good as well. Our stay included breakfast buffet.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anso V, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Dear Dave T,

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a great time exploring and experiencing Cape Town. Thank you for your compliments, I have shared them with my TEAM.
I wish you safe travels and we look forward to welcome you back again.

Regards,
Anso Venter

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I decided to stay at the hotel for a long weekend.

The price for the stay was very good (also we have a prokard so got better rates).

The room was clean. Unfortunately we had no view of table mountain but that was okay.

Pool was lovely! So was the food and service.

The hotel is ideally located. Close to busy long street for a night out and all it took was a 5min uber drive to V&A waterfront. Myciti bus stops are also close by.

Down the road from Table Mountain, signall hill and lions head.

Perfect location for the price.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicolesR8634VT
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

Dear NicolesR8634VT,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am delighted to hear it was a pleasant one and that you had the chance to explore Cape Town,
Wishing you safe travels & look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2017

I am one more time on a business trip in my favorite city and once more made a great choice of hotels!
The location is ideal and walking distance from many attractions and restaurants. The rooms are medium size but comfortable and clean... I have a fantastic view of the table mountain and the staff are extremely friendly and responsive. Most importantly the breakfast is full of variety yet not overboard diverse where you do not know what to eat. The revelation for me was the hotel restaurant where had my first dinner yesterday and was simply amazing. I ordered the oxtail as I am a meat lover and this plate was from another world...simple, authentic yet sophisticated and full of flavors and taking you back to your grandmother cooking that tasted like a piece of heaven.

There is a gym where the likes of me who are trying not to gain a zillion kgs from good food can go and a pool that I am planning to try this week. The SPA is 10 meter away and prices are very reasonable.

I am very happy with my choice and would recommend it to anyone who is coming for a few days to town.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

Dear Mimo2405,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.
As a VALUED CUSTOMER your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Cape Town.

Acting General Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I had stayed at the Fire and Ice a few times many years ago and welcomed the thought of returning. Boy, what a disappointment in almost every respect, the charm and uniqueness lost in favour of poor service, sub standard room and tacky finishing. Whilst check in was acceptable it all went downhill from there. Only one service elevator to access five stories of hotel rooms - the other "under maintenance" and boarded off like a construction site. No more the fun "shark cage" or Table Mountain cable car themed lift, just a tiny lift constantly utilised by cleaning staff who thought it entirely acceptable to ask us to move into the narrow confines to make way for dirty laundry trolleys (not once were there not staff in the lifts with all the housekeeping bits in tow. The "lava resembling" carpets look unchanged from my last visit 8 years ago - just more tired and worn. The room was dull and lifeless, the shower unit and basin open plan to the bedroom which is fine and part of the funky aspect however now there is a hospital bed type screen that can be pulled across the bed to offer privacy? The room was in reasonable shape save for a peeling artificial wood floor and tacky wall hangings including a notice board of all things! The bed linen was upside down and back to front on the bed, the bed lighting insufficient to allow guests to read and the window opened about three centimetres - obviously they are worried guests might cast themselves out in despair! We were interrupted in the morning by housekeeping who were irritated we had not turned on the "in situ" light - something we were not even aware of and why should we be?
Parking is all but non existent unless you opt to park in narrow confines of the basement for which you will be charged!
In all, the charm and unique nature is utterly lost and indifferent staff seem to outnumber guests. Very sad to see it so run down and cold - certainly not worthy of a revisit given the area surrounding the hotel is not ideal (mainly light industry). the only redeeming feature is partial views of Table Mountain - best seen from the balcony awaiting the long suffering single lift!

Room tip: In another hotel!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MelissaGabriel, Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear John D

Thank you for your valued feedback received and please accept my most sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you.

It really saddens me that you had to endure these service lapses you had experienced, particularly within our Front Office and Housekeeping departments. Given the events, I can relate to your disappointment and frustration. Please accept our since apologies, it is far from the standard we are usually so proud to offer.
Rest assured, I have addressed the incident with the relative TEAM members you have mentioned and can assure you it was an isolated incident.

I genuinely hope that you forgive us and when you find yourself next in Cape Town that you might decide to stay with us so we can rectify our shortcomings.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Protea Hotel Fire and Ice by Marriott Cape Town!

Should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

I've visited this establishment 4 times and 3 out of those 4 times was the worst.

I last time I was there I booked a family room which smelled like cigarette and with very outdated decor and furniture.

The curtains in our loft was torn. See pictures... and thats disgusting to say the least.

When we arrived on the Thursday we were told that we had free executive reserved parking... after parking for 2 days, on the 3rd day we came to a full unreserved parking and the security guard told us that it was full and he can't help. And he gave us the option of parking on the street. He'll no.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Janneman B, General Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Dear Landi Z

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for falling short in providing you with exceptional service whilst in our care!

We take your comments very seriously and would really appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally. Please may I ask you to mail your details to asheena.pillay@marriott.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Yours in Hospitality