All reviewsa great staylong streettable mountainbobbybalconyaccommodation
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We enjoyed this place so much! The Jacuzzi was a winner! It was so great to sit in the Jacuzzi while watching the amazing city lights at night. The place also has a perfect view of Table Mountain and the city in general. The loft itself has so much space, the design and layout is hip and so cool! I definitely want to go back to this place!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 17, 2017

The Manhattan loft penthouse was incredible. Thank you Bobby for also being so flexible and helpful. The penthouse, the view, everything was definitely worth every cent and we will definitely be back, no doubt.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 515lynnq
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner booked to stay here in early April after reading the mixed reviews we thought it was worth a try, based on a good location, price and pretty decent looking pictures, we were not disappointed.
If your looking for a short break in Cape Town (we stayed here for 4 nights) this is the place for you.

We booked the studio with spa bath, it had a nice little kitchen, sitting area and large double bed with plenty of pillows, gorgeous little balcony looking onto the bocaap houses with table mountain just behind.

Accommodation was ready when we arrived with our bags so we were able to get the keys early from the cleaner and get sorted straight away.

It has everything you need for a short break although do not forget to buy tea bags and coffee as they are not provided. It is a little far out from the beach however if you want a good night out, long street is just around the corner.

Cleaning is provided whenever you need it, just call ashmore who was also the perfect host.

Thanks for a great stay Bobby.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I booked the Manhattan Lofts Penthouse apartment via a Cape Town based agent 4 months in advance of my anniversary weekend. It was a public holiday weekend, so I planned and pre-booked accommodation, flights, restaurants, etc far in advance to ensure all my preferences were met to make the weekend very special. We specifically wanted a romantic getaway and comfortable accommodation with separate bedrooms and entertaining space so that we could enjoy our evenings and not go into silent mode after our baby goes to bed at 6:30pm. We also desired a central location where we could walk everywhere. The Penthouse ticked all the boxes.

Imagine my shock when I received a phone call from the agent - approximately 24 hours before we were due to depart for Cape Town - telling me that there has been a terrible error and the Penthouse has been double booked. She began to offer an alternative ‘solution’ and at this point I asked her to put it in writing so I would have a written record of all of our conversations. To meet Tripadvisor's original submission criteria, I am unable to provide substantive quotes. However, I have retained the full record (message me if you want details) and summarized the experience below.

The agent stated they only learned of the double booking upon contacting the owner to find out if I could check in slightly early. The owner's 'solution' was to put my family in his studio apartment in the same building and refund the cost difference for two nights, then we could move into the Loft. He also offered me dinner at the restaurant in the building.

I did not consider this alternative to be suitable for our specific needs, and therefore rejected the proposal. After all, it was not MY mistake - I had booked and pre-paid months in advance to ensure space and location needs on the busy holiday weekend. Now I was feeling completely left stranded and without many options. I requested a full refund for the two nights my family would be in the studio we never wanted, and guaranteed early check in to the Loft on Day 3 to ensure a smooth transition. Since I am an organized person and already had meal bookings planned, I said the dinner would not be necessary.

The owner came back strongly, stating that no way was he willing to offer a full refund for a simple administrative error and the Loft would only be ready after 2pm on the third day. So nothing at all was offered to compensate my significant loss - not even the offer of a discounted future weekend, which would have been better than nothing at all. The agent also offered nothing more. After another bit of time passed, the agent said the owner might consider a discount on the studio. But at this point I was beyond insulted, in no mood for price negotiations or games, and therefore decided the owner deserved none of my money.

I asked the agent to cancel the entire booking and requested an immediate refund, hoping to use the returned funds to book somewhere else and rescue my weekend trip. To this the agent responded that they would first have to get the funds back from the owner....meaning he had my money all along and appeared to be lying about not knowing about the double booking! I read through old reviews and see that others have shown up to be told of 'double booking' mistakes and were placed elsewhere. So I am not the first victim of this scam. The only difference is that, unlike me, the others were offered suitable alternatives to save their Cape Town trips.

After another full day of pleading and fighting with the agent to return my money, and threatening police intervention, I got the agent to refund my total payment. But by then it was too late to book elsewhere or save my ruined anniversary weekend.

I highly recommend avoiding all of the owner's properties as well as the agent I used. Please message me if you have any questions - happy to provide more info and detail. If it is a jacuzzi you desire, there are plenty of other options around Cape Town - which we eventually found and were thrilled with - so there is no need to subject yourself to the heartache and disappointment I went through.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura H
Reviewed January 8, 2016 via mobile

We were a bit cautious after reading the reviews.

Location is pretty central to Cape Town, two roads down from Long Street.

Parking was easy, in the underground car park and easy from there to access by the lift to the apartments.

We chose the Studio apartment, it's like a loft in a New York style, open space. Very stylish in our opinion, location was cleaned and we enjoyed the jacuzzi bath.

The pool is literally just outside the door, along with a pool bar.

The wifi was a little slow, but was stable and useable, very handy for international travellers.

The view from this apartment was a city view with partial coastal views, a decent size balcony with a table and chairs.

Studio is well air-conditioned, and the TV has premium channels, BBC and ITV channels available.

All in all, great location, great accommodation, well maintained flat for a great stay. Thanks

Simon and Steve