“Sweetest Guesthouses Cranberry”

Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse
Ranked #65 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 29 September 2017

A pearl of a place to stay för families. Bridget2 deserves a special mention for making our stay so great! The view? Wow. We rated sleep a 3 since the beds were a little more firm than were used to. *****

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The Sweetest Guest Houses have an unusual set-up with a series of guest houses spread around residential streets - most of them on narrow, steep hills and not that close together! There is a lack of organisation as there is no real central reception and lots of the staff/managers work between guest houses.

I had heard that they have a habit of making guests change rooms/guest houses so I did everything I could to try to prevent this - it didn't work! I was staying for 7 days so I kept asking staff if I could stay in the same room - they kept saying they didn't know and would get back to me! After two nights at the Sweet Olive, I was told I had to move to Sweet Ocean View. No reason was given. I was expected to make my own way between the two guest houses with my luggage - until I pointed out I didn't know where I was going. I was eventually taken there in the tuk tuk that staff use to travel between guest houses. I had finished one group tour and was starting another so was looking forward to relaxing - moving guest houses was an unnecessary inconvenience.

I can't fault the rooms and guest houses themselves - these are hidden gems in Cape Town. They are a home away from home. They are clean, safe and the breakfast is plentiful. The guest houses are often used for large groups at the start/finish of large tours, but I'd say they were better-suited for couples or families

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you want a view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017

A very convenient, location which suits my trips to Cape Town. I will highly recommend the guest house. I'm very glad for this opportunity.
Outstanding service and friendly staff adding to the whole pleasant experience.
Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This place had the best view, best breakfast, nicest staff, most comfortable bed, and best location in Cape Town. After traveling around South Africa for two weeks, I finally found a place to chill in.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. Very luxury room with view over the ocean! Memory, Marai and Mona Lisa thank you very much for your kindness and hospitality! Also the breakfasts were great!
In mai we stayed 4 nights in Sweet Orange also in Cape Town. The ladies were there also very kind, especially Moreblessing who told her story. The breakfasts with the special of the day were great. Big hug from us! John and Silvia Smit.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

The only place I stay at in Cape Town for 6 years running. Good value for money and loyal staff with the likes of Memory. Peaceful part of Seapoint yet very close to amenities. Breakfast options were also spot on.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We were lucky to get three rooms on very short notice. Price was right and it is certified 4 star.

The room I stayed in was across the road in one of a few "Victorian" cottages, each of which has 2 ensuite rooms fit for two couples or a small family. The first cottage had a terrible smell coming from trap door in the floor, that management was aware of. Not sure why I was then taken there.

The interior is very colorful and eclectic. In my view it has loads of potential

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
SweetestGuesthouses, Guest Relations Manager at Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Renso S

We appreciate your review here on the TripAdvisor.com and for sharing your experience. We don’t want to miss to reply to your comments as they took us by surprise.
May we remind you, there was no reservation at our Guesthouse! You came as a” walk in “, therefore our Night porter Themba showed you all the rooms that he had that very night available.
We would like to mention here that there was no “terrible smell “which our management was aware of. If so our night porter would have NEVER presented that room! And may we remind you as you wished to change the room we immediately moved you to another room!

Kind regards