“Good prices for good quality sushi”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #235 of 1,225 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Ocean Basket Plumstead is my default sushi place. I no longer eat meat, and their vegetarian sushi is just as tasty as the rest. I have visited many places to get sushi and I find that Ocean Basket has the best quality and the best price. The staff are always very friendly and helpful towards me as well.

1  Thank causticion

Reviewed October 1, 2015

What a surprise the get food at Ocean Basket! The tuna and other plates our delicious! And for less money!

1  Thank Wijnie V
Reviewed September 26, 2015

To welcome our cousins from KZN, we decided to show them some Cape Town hospitality, en route to seeing the sights of Cape Point. Spotting the Ocean Basket , we were welcomed by friendly staff and relaxed with a bottle of wine , while perusing the menu offerings.
Although the restaurant was not very busy, it took a while for service to happen...and then we were told that some of our choices were out of stock !
Eventually, our lunch dishes arrived...delicious and good helpings in the Basket.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

My family and I frequent Ocean Basket as it's one of our local restaurants. The food is always to standard and they serve great sushi. Service sometimes can be a bit slow, so go there for a relaxing evening.

Reviewed September 8, 2015

The place has been renovated and is looking really good. Eight of us went for a birthday celebration. The food was served within a short time. The prawn curry was very good. The feesh and chips are really good value for money and very tasty. Only R49.00 for two pieces of fish. A real bargain. The salad was freshly prepared. The service wasnt good at all but the food made up for its lack.