“Down at the V and A and need a bite to eat”

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #549 of 1,207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Located across the swinging bridge away from the main shopping district this is a great restaurant where you can settle down and relax while you eat some of the best local seafood in a light and airy atmosphere. The menu is extensive and their wine list is a perfect match. When I am in Cape Town I always make sure that I have made time for a lunch that recharges you soul. The staff are there to make you stay a pleasant experience and the range of seafood is top shelf.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Lovely waiting staff who helped us make our choices. Very tasty fish and would recommend. We were inside but must be nice to eat outside in the summer.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I had read that this is one of the best places for seafood, and it was! I had the new Seafood Paella and loved it! Usually I don't like fish in a tomato base but this was an exception. It had calamari, prawns, a delicious white fish, chicken (although I didn't find the chicken) My husband ordered a hamburger and the patty was probably 1.5" thick. Both were on the Monday Specia;, Paella, R99, and the hamburger R50 with fries and onion rings, also very good. With the current exchange rate, it was $7.44 and $3.75.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Convenient upstairs above Woolworths, any day or night. Good variety of fish options, but we love the sushi and sashimi. Huge seating capacity so we have never had to wait. Good food quality and service.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Great but a bit pricey. There were no bathrooms in the restaurant and you had to walk out side and pay to use the toilet which was a bit of an inconvenience if you didnt have change on oyu.