“Family fun in the kitchen”

Enrica Rocca Cooking School Cape Town
Ranked #11 of 20 things to do in Constantia
More attraction details
Owner description: Courses of authentic Italian and Ligurian cooking, a tour of the peninsula with a tourist guide, visiting the country’s most important wine estates, picking vegetables directly from Emma’s kitchen garden, making homemade pasta, taking lessons on wine matching and Italian cooking, are the experiences you could have with Emma who will make you fall in love with South Africa and will show it to you with the same passion she reserves for closest of friends.Corsi di autentica cucina italiana e ligure, il giro della Penisola con una guida turistica, la visita alle tenute vinicole più importanti del paese, la raccolta delle verdure direttamente dall’orto di Emma, fare la pasta fatta in casa, lezioni di abbinamento vini e di cucina italiana, sono tutte esperienze che farete con Emma che vi farà amare il Sud Africa e ve lo mostrerà con la stessa passione che riserva ai suoi parenti ed amici.
Reviewed January 10, 2016

We are a family of 4 on holiday in Cape Town and decided to do something a little different so booked ourselves onto a private Italian cooking class.
Emma who hosted the class was from the start friendly, welcoming and immediately made us feel at home.
The food was delicious and Emma inspiring, even my two daughters were happy to get involved. There was a lot of fun and laughter.
Now we are back in the UK we are trying out these dishes on our friends.
We would highly recommend a visit to Emma's Italian cooking class at her beautiful home in Cape Town.

Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

We arrived at Emma´s place and got an unbelievible warm and friendly welcome. Immediately we feel like home and since we were friends since ever. We had a swim in the pool and everything was so lovely. In total we were 6 people and a great group. Emma is a passion cook and shows you how to cook delicious and overwhelming pasta so simple with a lot of fun (everybody is involved) and we laugh all the time together. We enjoyed this day so much and after 6 hours (normally it is estimate for 4 hours) we had to leave because we had other plans for the evening. it was more than a cooking event, more like a delicious and wonderful afternoon with friends. We will come back, of course. I really can recommend this experience. It is so lovely, warm and wonderful cooking experience. Thanks you Emma!!!!!

Reviewed December 8, 2015 via mobile

This Cooking class (which is superb!!) comes with a warm atmosphere, an amazing scenery (view over capetown), a lovely chilled vibe (15 min after arriving i was having a swim in the pool) and the most friendly and caring host (enrica). She made me feel like an old friend coming back home right from the beginning and is an inspiring warm personality with a great energy. The class was initially scheduled up from 12 to 4: since we spend the afternoon with the group having a chat, playing cards, drinking wine and having even more food, time was flying and before we knew it was after 6...
It was an amazing day and so much more than cooking!!! Thank you so much✨✨✨

Reviewed October 10, 2015

I had the pleasure of staying at Emma´s lovely Constantia Cape Town residence ;being invited to her amazing cooking class reminded me of my days in Milano, combining wonderful food ,fantatstic company, and learning the traditions of italian cooking and cucina. I enjoyed the experience tremendously, making not only amazing food but also wonderful friends, and would heartily recommend this experience to anyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2015

As a busy home cook, I have made my own pasta many times, but it has been a while. I figured that my cooking class with Emma would be a great way to refresh my skills. But it turned out to be so much more. I actually understand Italian cooking in a way that I never did before. Emma's class is wonderful; great fun and between enjoying the Aperol and wine it is amazing how much you learn. Emma has such a lovely calm presence that everything seems easy, and it's lovely to have an Italian teacher to get the fully authentic experience. Our class was a mix of beginners and one lady was evidently a bit of an expert, but we were all amazed at how much we learnt. Emma's home is stunning and welcoming, with a kitchen to die for. I am really looking forward to using the easy to understand receipe's that Emma has given us and to the next class! Thanks for such a brilliant day Emma!