“Pretty as a picture”
Review of Little Stream Cafe

Little Stream Cafe
Ranked #27 of 49 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Description: Blending an elegant fusion of past and present, this small rustic country venue is situated on a tranquil, beautiful landscape on the hills of Constantia. Little Stream is a refuge from the hectic city life without needing to travel too far out from Cape Town city! The venue is ideal for small and intimate functions in a magical garden setting; Kitchen Tea Parties, Private Lunches, Weddings, Year-end Parties, Product Launches, Picnics, Kids Parties, Team Building Events. Get the perfect high-tea garden party you have always wanted! The conference venue has seating capacity for up to 50 people. Hold your next board meeting, brainstorming team sessions or workshop away from the distractions of the office! The Tea Garden/Cafe offers an artisan style menu which features timeless dishes reminiscent of childhood and home comforts, in an alfresco setting. The farmhouse kitchen opens for breakfast, brunch, lunch and afternoon tea, Tuesday to Sunday 9am - 4:30pm.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was my second visit to this delightful venue and although the food was good (pity no muffins, only scones) we were all but finished our coffee and the edibles hadn't been served yet - and they weren't (no pun intended) jam-packed.

Still, having said that, I will visit again because the ambience is just too lovely. Maybe next time I can eat my scone before my coffee gets cold.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Definitely wont be visiting again. What a terrible first experience. First of all there was only one waiter for the entire tea garden and he had such an obnoxious attitude. It also took over ten minutes before we were even acknowledged at our table. The breakfast menu leaves a lot to be desired as it pretty much consists of scrambled egg version A, scrambled egg version B and scrambled egg version C. No fried or poached eggs even an option. The menu clearly states that the english breakfast is served with toast and BUTTER but instead, arrives with margarine tasting like a sunshine D brick. Really a very disappointing experience overall.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

The tea garden is in a beautiful garden setting under huge old trees. The service was great as were the carrot cake, scones and coffee. The walk to the stream is among lovely plants and there seems to be various little paths you take in the forest like garden.

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

I took my little girl and two nieces for something to drink and a nibble. I think we went on a bad day as many of the items we asked for they did not have. I also ordered a fruit smoothie which when I received it was yoghurt mixed with chopped fruit in a glass, when I asked the waiter if it had been blended her said heir blender is broken, I went on to tell him that they should rather inform one of such things so that one can make another choice, they were happy to take it back and I had a lovely juice instead. The kids also had some hot chips which was nice. The manager is awesome and we had a good chat, he is new there and I hope he will be pulling the place together and making improvements which he has plans to do. The waiters while friendly were a bit slow and I feel the understanding was not great, perhaps their English is not that great but I found it a bit frustrating. What's absolutely lovely about this place is that you can explore that beautiful gardens and little stream.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful gardens, good food and a lovely waitron. Chocolate cake was great and the hamburger was excellent. We’ll be back. Keith & Gail