“Fantastic, innovative food”

Ell269 Plant Based Foods
Ranked #47 of 114 Restaurants in Hermanus
Description: ELL269 is a 100% Plant based restaurant focusing on providing healthy, interesting meals to a wide variety of visitors. We cater for Vegan, vegetarian, gluten intolerance, Diabetic and other illness dietary requirements as well as lactose intolerance. We aim to educate visitors on the psychological, physical and ethical factors of enjoying a Plant based lifestyle.
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

What a delicious meal! The frittata was excellent, so full of wonderful flavours and the crumpets were a real treat. The hot chocolate was amazing too! We aren't vegetarian and wouldn't usually choose the vegetarian option on a menu, but the flavours were a revelation as to just how tasty vegan food can be! So much more than just a few vegetables on a plate We can't wait to go back for lunch soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

With my various food intolerances, this was an absolute gem to find in Hermanus. Delicious and healthy lunches and desserts in abundance due to the passionate and caring owner Norah. Thank you, we will definitely be back next time we are in town!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

The owner of the Restaurant is a lovely lady and that was the reason why we decided to stay and eat there. Besides that Not only she was nice - the food was realy great and absolutely delicious.
And i am stating this as a non vegetarian
Guy eating in a vegetarian Restaurant.
This is a compliment and i can give it without a doubt.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

A friend and I happened to walk in off the street into this restaurant.
I am a vegetarian and was delighted to read the innovative, extensive and delicious looking options.
Nora the owner introduce herself to us and could not have been nicer and more helpful.I ordered a frittata which was so scrumptious that I wiped the plate clean with the ciabata bread which was served with it My friend ordered a chill con carne which was served with a small bowl of tsatsiki and a tomato and onion chutney...(Nora you are SO clever!)
We finished off with some meringues ( eggless) and an expresso.
Definitely one of the BEST surprises Ive had in some time.
I must also make a note of how accommodating and nice Nora is... A table walked in after we had ordered and one of the party (stupidly!) stated that she really only wanted a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.....(I don't think she could have read the marvelous options on the menu.....)
Nora without blanching agreed to make one for her ... and suggested that she might like some scrumptious "chippies" with it.
The restaurant was quiet....and `I really do hope that more people try the fare because it deserves to rate at the top of the Hermanus list!
Well done and thank you Nora...I give you 10 out of 10 ( and five for neatness! wink wink!)

Reviewed 19 February 2017

How wonderful to have a vegan restaurant in Hermanus! No more twisting chefs arms to make vegan meals. This small restaurant has a good menu, and the food is lovely. We will definitely visit every time we're in Hermanus.

2  Thank Kobusvanwyk