“Fabulous place to celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary”
Review of The Pavilion

The Pavilion
Ranked #56 of 120 Restaurants in Hermanus
Price range: US$26 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pavilion offers views of the awe-inspiring Walker Bay. This view, complimented by the contemporary decor, adds an additional dimension to this unique dining experience. Together these elements, combined with a unique and well-stocked floating wine cellar, create the ideal platform for the constantly evolving cuisine. Here The Marine chefs create modern fare that is influenced by local and international cuisine trends and the seasons. The menu - designed by The Collection's award-winning Executive Chef Peter Tempelhoff and his team - places significant emphasis on fresh produce from local green-friendly suppliers, and this gives The Pavilion the ability to showcase an unforgettable taste of Walker Bay and the Overberg Region. Charming service and an award-winning wine list ensure that The Pavilion continually delights guests from around the world.
Reviewed 4 October 2016

We choose to celebrate my parents 50th Wedding anniversary at The Pavilion - infact my parents actually requested that we return there for this special lunch based on dinners they had taken there some years ago. We had lovely canapes and champagne in the lounge and had a fabulous 3 course lunch with great wines in the restaurant. Staff are very friendly and added to the atmosphere. We love this place - it is not the cheapest nor is it as expensive as it used to be but the whole dining experience is great

TheMarineteam, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us.

It was a pleasure looking after you and your parents. What a milestone to celebrate. It is simply fantastic. May there be many more years.

Thank you for choosing to share your special occasion with us. I have shared your feedback with the teams. They are delighted that they were able to make it special for you.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

For a 5 star hotel the menu is limited for a non fish eater. The quality of food is very good and supplements a good wine list. The cheese Soufflé is very light and delicious and the fish fresh and enjoyable. Service excellent and friendly. The prices are high, but one eats in a five star enviroment..

TheMarineteam, General Manager at The Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful gourmet experience with us. I will look at the options we offer for fish. We value this comment so much. It gives us opportunity to improve. I have shared your feedback with the teams.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to us.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Chose the restaurant for a special birthday celebration. Cocktails in the bar felt (and were) special. The restaurant looks smart, but lacked atmosphere - we went out-of-season, and only one other table was taken. The location in Hermanus is great - and in the summer with longer evenings the views would be special, but less important in winter. The food was variable: of our party of 8, most were happy with the choice and quality, a couple of people were disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the food, just expected more for the price.

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review for us.

I am sorry to read we did not meet your expectation and we are glad you brought it to our attention. It gives us the opportunity to look at what areas we need to develop more. I have now shared this with the Executive Chef and his team and he will relook at things. Pavillion is beautiful but I understand your comment about the atmosphere because of the size of it. You will be delighted to read that our Seafood Restaurant is reopening in October. We have been through an extensive refurbishment and we are very exciting about our the launch.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please feel free to contact me directly to take care of your booking.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

This was our first time at the Pavilion because when in Hermanus we cannot turn down the chance to dine at Seafood@The Marine. We were so pleased to go 'off piste'. The setting and décor of this hotel dining room is truly lovely. The waiting staff attentive without being overbearing and the food is sublime. As it was some months ago I cannot recall most of the food we had but I do clearly remember being impressed with the vegetarian main options. It will be some time before we are in Hermanus again but I will definitely go back to the Pavilion.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

The restaurant offers excellent plated food with really good service. The dining experience is memorable.