Island Vibe Knysna
US$136
US$110
US$98
US$95
Knysna Country House(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$57
Wayside Inn(Knysna)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$42
  • Breakfast included
US$69
All reviewsnice braaibed dormevery eveningkitchen facilitiesenjoyed our staysmall poolgarden routeplace to stayhostelbackpackersbarbecuebatobuswaterfrontaccommodationensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

terrible stay! The staff lied to us. We wanted a private room but would have taken a doorm if no one else had slept in the doorman. Then we were told it was only a family room free, which would cost 50 € the night. Everything else was booked. So, of course, we decided on this room, but both a whole doorman and a normal private room were free, as it turned out later. 2) My pillowcase, which was supposedly freshly washed, contained blood stains. Since our room was right on the side of a large main street, we could not sleep the whole night. When we could change the room (in a smaller room) we should still continue to pay 50 €. In this room, the shower from the previous guests were not cleaned, so that there were still hair in the drain and in the corners. Never again Iceland vibe in Knysna, that has unfortunately worsened our stay!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I must say the accommodation was excemplemary totally fun, safe and friendly staff. I would say only one area of possible growth I know space is very limited I wish I had a place or locker to lock up my bag. Other than that it is a welcoming sunshine ball rolling bag of rollacoster fun at Island Vibe Knysna. Everything is within reasonably distance to go ferry riding, hiking, yachting, etcetera.One of the many drawcards of Knysna Centre area are the friendly locals, of course the Vibrant Island Vibe Knysna staff, meeting friendly locals and foreigners alike and also the nature of the Knysna so calming and soothing to experience. Knysna has a stillness of note this small part of the bigger Garden Route rocks. Also I loved going to Sedgefield too such awesome experiences too. I would definitely recommend Island Vibe Kynsna the place to stay while exploring the rest of the Garden Route jewels of discovery.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank raanhu394753
Reviewed 3 February 2018

If you are looking for a backpacking joint, then Knysna is probably not for you. Push on through to Storms River and Tsitsicama National Park. Knysna is expensive. About the hotel: the "pool" is 2x2m. The mattress in our room had something black growing all over it. The towels are paper thin. The internet service is non-existent. It is right on the highway so very noisy. And there are lots of mosquitos. Yes, it was good value compared to other hotels in Knysna, and the service was friendly. But I would definitely not go back there.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Had the pleasure of spending the night, greeted by friendly staff (Tenin) waiting for you to ask any question. I believe Island Vibe has the best staff or I should say family. They light a fire every evening religiously allowing the perfect setting to meet and greet local and international traveller's. If you on the Garden Route I urge you to become family. #IslandVibe

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I stayed in the 10-person dorm that's located right underneath the reception area.

To start with the good points: The bed was comfortable. The staff is relatively nice. There's a lot of information for visitors. Castle Lager sold for 20R. If you close all the curtains, the sun doesn't blind you in the morning. Relatively clean accommodations. You get 10% off at Island Vibe in Jeffreys Bay if you stay at IB Knysna. Felt safe in the location.

Now, onto the not-so-good: The top bunk bed is set ridiculously low. I'm only 5 feet / 152 centimeters tall and had to lean over 45 degrees so my head wouldn't hit the top bunk. There's also no ladder for folks to climb to the top bunk. There's only one bathroom and one shower ensuite for a 10-person dorm. The mirror in the bathroom is set absurdly high (I couldn't even see just the top of my forehead).

One annoying aspect was it seems like the morning and evening staff didn't communicate with each other. I paid for my drinks in the morning; the evening shift person told me I needed to pay. On another instance, I paid for my drinks in the evening; the morning shift person told me I needed to pay. Thankfully, I keep my receipts so it wasn't an issue. I just wish they had a better handle on communicating with each other.

The final point which is really outside the control of the hostel but I'm going to mention - a few of my belongings were stolen. I let reception know (even though I knew they couldn't really do anything).

All in all, this is one of two cheap accommodations in Knysna so options are limited.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo