All reviews waterfront villa one bedroom suite full kitchen other hotels buffet style lounge area wi fi modern hotel nice pool large balcony home away from home two night stay great room stayed two nights garden route self catering dishwasher
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Only stayed the one night in the rain but the hotel was OK. A large balcony that was shared with the adjacent room, for which there was a connecting door. We had a very nice room and the hotel setting looked quite attractive. Food was better than average.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brandon S, General Manager at Premier Resort The Moorings (Knysna), responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Traveller

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent experience at Premier Resort – The Moorings.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your experience was to your satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team at our next associate meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Knysna.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Two nights here in Sept. We were in a very comfortable well furnished 1 bedroom condo style apartment with kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bath with balcony access from both the living room and bedroom. Enjoyed listening to the birds outside. Fantastic! The food in restaurant very good, excellent breakfast buffet. Staff helpful and friendly. only problem is WiFi only available in reception/dining areas. But you are in Knysna so disconnect for a bit, brief checks as needed for email, and enjoy the surroundings. Relax at the pool day or night (great night sky) or enjoy the views by the water. Lots of green space to walk about and peacocks add to the environment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheDad50

Dear Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at the Premier Resort – The Moorings.

Your positive reassurance of your experience is a most pleasing read.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to our town.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Not able to have a light meal at 6.30pm instead of a buffet dinner.
I could of had the light meal on my balcony in cold drisling rain but not in the areas described in the booklet in my room.
I'm 69 years old & I don't want to be made to eat on the balcony in the cold.
I DIDN'T EAT & WENT TO BED HUNGRY.
I'm extremely disappointed with how I was treated.
Garry Ormsby.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mr Ormsby

It is with regret to learn of your disappointing experience at Premier Resort – The Moorings. Please accept my apology on behalf of the Team.

We serve buffet dinners in our Salmon Restaurant as well as room service as a standard in our hotel.
Should you wish not to enjoy the entire buffet offering, we offer the option of a individual starter or soup as a lighter option of meal.

I will be sure to address the matter of miscommunication with all associates concerned and be assured they have been briefed on this matter and, where necessary, the corrective training measures will be set in place.

I am immensely grateful for your valued input, and I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future as we would love for you to experience the true Premier offering.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This is one resort I was looking forward to staying at but it wasn’t to be. I made a reservation for my family and the lady that assisted me was very pleasant to speak to and helpful. She only made the mistake of entering my email address incorrectly so I never received my pro-forma invoice to make payment (mistakes happen). Pity I never got to meet her in person. In days that followed I made an effort to rectify the error, made calls twice a day everyday, spoke to different personnel including the reservations manager but still no proforma invoice was received despite promises to rectify the error. I can only wonder how the experience as a guest would have been like when the experience with reservations to start off with was so unpleasant and dismal. What a waste of my time, effort and airtime. Luckily, they weren’t the only establishment with accommodation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brandon S, General Manager at Premier Resort The Moorings (Knysna), responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Faith N

Thank you for your valued feedback.

It is with absolute regret to learn of your experience whilst engaging with my staff at Premier Resort The Moorings.
Please accept my apologies.

Please may I request you to make contact with me directly in order to rectify the possible communication failure you have experienced whilst making a reservation.

On your next visit to Knysna, please contact me directly as we would love to host you and your family and offer the true premier experience.

Brandon Schafli
Premier Resort - The Moorings
mail: brandon.s@premierhotels.co.za

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

The moorings is more than a hotel, it’s an Experience. For my family, our Villas were more than adequate & had all the amenities. The grounds create a space to play & roam. Staff are eager to help & very friendly.

When they complete the gym & spa, this hotel will be a true gem.

I would encourage them to offer water excursions from the hotel & to offer WiFi in the rooms. Otherwise was beyond expectation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dovid W
Brandon S, General Manager at Premier Resort The Moorings (Knysna), responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Premier Resort – The Moorings.
It was an absolute pleasure to host you and your family at our Resort.

Thank you for the kind words of appreciation you have expressed as we wish to provide every guest with a memorable experience whilst staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Garden Route.

Kind Regards