“Worse than terrible!!!”
Review of Crabs Creek - CLOSED

Crabs Creek
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I used to love this place but it has gone down unbelievably! The worst restaurant experience I've ever had in my life. Poor service followed up with I edible food! My 'pint of prawns' had at least 300ml of oil at the bottom, as did most of the others ordered the pizza was terrible and the hake was raw! We asked our waitress if food was normally like this and she said the kitchen staff told her to shut up when she questioned it! There was also no manager present to complain to....

Such a pity as the location is great.

3  Thank Ian T

Reviewed December 30, 2012

On arrival our waitress told us it is very busy so we are going to wait a little longer for our food - did not mention how long we were going to wait for drinks....after a full 25 minutes we received our drinks. Our food was ordered and guess what? Only one of the dishes ordered came out of the kitchen, semi raw and an hour later the rest of our food still did not arrive, we gave up and left hungry even settling our bill was a struggle. We will not be back.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I haven't been this Winter as i generally love to sit outside in their big courtyard with the Knysna Estuary and laughing kids on the jungle jim as good ambience for a lunch with friends. Food isn't at all fine dining, more a beach vibe, so the portions are big and much is tasty and fried. Highly recommend the calamari (soft as it's cut from calamari steaks). Burger was also good and filling.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were staying at Brenton-on-Sea so this location was ideal. Yes, it's a pub atmosphere, there was not too many others dining at the time so it was nice. We ordered seafood entrees which we thoroughly enjoyed. A Mozambique sauce prawn cocktail of sorts and the freshest tasting calamari. We had burgers for our mains but we were so full from our entrees we could not finish. Good value and service.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

We have supported Crab's Creek over many ownership changes and sadly things have not improved! We went there about a month ago and waited an hour for 3 pizzas!! This was before lunch during the week. It has huge potential and I really wish that they would improve things especially with the view. I sincerely hope it doesn't get developed but remains a restaurant with decent food.