“Oh no for the trout! ”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #25 of 33 Restaurants in Milnerton
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We usually enjoy our meals here and this time was no exception. Unfortunately my wife's trout was grilled dry and a third of my own fish was blackened. Since these was in platters we at least had lots of other food that was good. Our daughter polished off her prawns and mussel platter. Prices are very good, and my platter with three types of seafood cost R44 less than a Thai salad at the Kirstenbosch Tea Room.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Went for a family supper at Ocean Basket last night. Some food was great but the platter underwhelming with some of the calamari undercooked. Brought it to the attention of the manager who discounted our meal. Come here every two months when our Dad is back in town and last night was the first time we had had a poor experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

This was my first time here and i highly recommend it. We shared delicious seafood with my wife and it was the best i have had in my life.

The ambiance was warm and intimate with soft pop music playing in the background. The service was excellent. Our server was the best, he was very knowledgeable of the menu and had multiple recommendations. I will definitely be back with the family next time and expand my menu choices.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Not only does the quality of the Paddocks Seafood platter surpass all expectations in terms of flavour and quantity but the service rendered by wait staff and "extra mile" attitude of top management is what all restaurateurs should aspire to. Recommended on all counts!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The food is of good quality and varied, the Mediterranean soup as a starter is excellent. My negative would be the service which can be extremely slow especially when there appears to be an abundance of waiters and waitresses.