“Sun setting for Maestro's?”

MAESTRO'S ON THE BEACH
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Milnerton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Staff the only thing that supersedes the view - most hospitable and accommodating but the head waitress not interested in guests requests. Advertise a buffet breakfast butno fruit and that in South Africa - hallo unheard of - asking for a platter of fruit at additional cost- told NOT possible and should be satisfied as it is a very good price - NOT THE POINT!!
Vegetarian wanted buffet food except meats and asked for poached eggs - TOLD EXTRA COST . not.. pleasantly informed - TOLD - despite fact cannot eat bacon or sausage.. What has happened to the place - Not value for money anymore. Is the sun setting for Maestro's - time to bow out ?? I have dined at Maestro's since it's inseptin in Kloof street and always recommended it to visitors and Capetonians - Sorry guys after 2 disappointing experiences - AVOID UNLESS DESPERATE

Reviewed November 9, 2017

I'm fortunate in so far as this restaurant is only a 5 minute drive from my apartment and was one of the first places I visited following my move to Cape Town from the UK.
Firstly it has a wonderful panoramic view of Cape Town, from Signal Hill to Lions Head and Table Mountain and the sweeping beach that runs literally under the terrace of the restaurant.
It mostly attracts locals as a little bit out of town unless you're staying at Century City but eating where the locals eat is my thing as you can be sure its good quality food and not pricey. If you want a good buffet breakfast pay them a visit on a Saturday or Sunday and you'll see what I mean but be sure to make a reservation as they get very busy.
Outside of breakfast my fav meal there is the Tuna steak, always fresh and you can choose whether you want it grilled or fried. Just amazing..
Service is always excellent too .. never had a bad experience and I would guess I've been here over 20 times now.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The restaurant provides the perfect setting to catch up on business and have creative meetings over a cup of coffee and lunch in a beautiful setting. The service was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

My fish was lovely. The kids brought activity books to keep themselves from getting restless. The Sunday lunch buffet looked good but we didn't try it.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We arrived late evening for dinner. Greeted by a family member who owns the business and seated with great hospitality. Service was super. The ribs were exceptional. Some of the best we’ve had. We have kids, 13 and 11 and they loved it as well.