1,848 results
All reviews table mountain cape town sea view canal walk shuttle service travel desk free shuttle business trip enjoyed my stay robben island mizu conference honeymoon ct
Reviewed January 17, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for part of my one week stay in Cape Town because I wanted somewhere out of the centre but not too far with a nice pool on the beach. That is what I got but not much else. At check in I was given a room which resembled nothing like the room on the hotels web site. It also overlooked the main road and was very noisy. I had asked for a room in a quiet location. Upon advising the check in staff I was shown another room. This looked like their advertised rooms but was even closer to the road and immediately adjacent to the gym. At this stage I challenged the staff and suggested maybe I was being treat less well as a solo traveller. The third room was more like it so I unpacked and switched the AC on. This did not work which I advised the reception. They said it would be fixed. I had to ask three more times before it finally was dealt with. I had arrived at the hotel at midday and it was 8pm by the issues were resolved which included a one to one with the Manger who was largely ineffective and did not offer so much as a beer for the considerable inconvenience.
I then decided to use the shuttle service to Waterfront. This service must be booked at least one day in advance and runs at fairly inconvenient times for example at 6pm with no further services into CT for the evening. I did not find this service convenient and suggest the hotel increase its capacity if they are offering this as a serious part of their offer.
The pool is also much smaller than it looks on the hotel's website and there are insufficient beds for the size of the hotel.
On a plus side the bar menu in the evening is good value and the breakfast was very good.
I will not return here, I thought the hotel was ok but the proximity to the road and questionable service would put me off making any positive recommendation.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DavidN534
LagoonBeachTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Good Evening David N

Thank you so much for your feedback and bringing your experience to our attention.

We always strive to give our guests the best service and accommodation - we have obviously on this occasion dropped the ball and not lived up to the expectation and our standards. I have addressed your concerns with the Relevant departments, as the service you have received is well below Par.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us at Lagoon Beach Hotel and Spa.

We trust that in the future we can welcome you back and have the opportunity to Correct the wrongs of the previous stay.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

I stayed in Lagoon Beach hotel with my family for 1 week. Hotel location is very good and staff is very cooperative. I like this place and recommend for good vacation in CPT. I will soon visit Lagoon beach hotel with my family

Good Evening harshpaliwal84

Thank you for the review and feedback received from your recent stay with us at Lagoon Beach Hotel and Spa, We do appreciate it.

We are delighted that your stay was Pleasant, Enjoyable and Most Memorable, We look forward to Welcoming you and the family back in the near future.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

The place is amazing, convenient,accessible and beautiful.
My only complaint is the lights that weren't working, no complimentary TV channels and the use of the same dish scourer to wash dishes and clean bathroom & bath tubs as well.

Good Evening thabisilel2018

Thank for the feedback received and for taking the time to review your stay with us at Lagoon Beach Hotel and Spa on TA, We do appreciate it.

I have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments and do Apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

We trust that in the near future we can Welcome you back and have the opportunity to correct the wrongs of the previous stay.

Warm Regards
Aaron- Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I decided to take my family on a road trip to Cape Town before leaving the country, so there are a few things I have picked up on and would like to advise future travellers on.

With regards to this hotel,
Check in was smooth and the reception was friendly.
Had to look for a porter which took about 10 minutes.
Uncover parking is great,

Rooms are spacious, however, on booking, i requested that one room be a classic double deluxe and the other be with twin beds. However, on being shown to our rooms we were just given double beds for both the rooms. After a few calls, the beds were sorted.

The Safes in the room gave us grief. one never worked, whilst the other had its random moments. Security was called up twice to service both of the safe boxes.

Rooms are clean looking, bathroom and shower had stains, used condoms still in the bin. Underneath of beds are quite scary, When housing keeping rearranged the beds in one room dirt and dust was clearly visible. I requested a cleanup. For a 4* establishment, this isn't acceptable. The room is fitted with a smartphone to travel with which contains travel bookings etc. Plug points in the room are great, in my room the USB port did not work. Not a train smash, power banks to the rescue. Hot water in the shower takes a while, we had cold showers for a few days but didn't mind due to the water shortage in Cape Town. Also, we had a great balcony view. Sunrise and sunsets are great if you're in the hotel during those periods. Also, hotel shower gels, etc are not replenished daily. Same with water, on some days, we would return to our rooms with the complimentary bottled water and tea/coffee sachets were barely visible. Not that it was a problem, but I'm a frequent traveller have not faced this internationally and to experience this in my own country - not good.

We had a 6-night stay at The Lagoon Hotel, and most of the time staff was friendly, on one instance I went downstairs to reception to borrow a 2 pin adaptor as mine went faulty, was bluntly told your room has a USB fitting and will charge your device, fair enough, if it actually worked. However, a day before my parents were lent one. So much for customer service?

The Shuttle Service offered by the hotel is superb! Book in advance and no hassle. Daily trips to V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk etc. The travel desk also arranged private cabs for us to visit Table Mountain etc, due to parking issues, best part it does not break the bank.

Breakfast was bleak and underwhelming. Lack of butter, coffee and not much variety. They have a widespread, however, you have to constantly ask for stuff. Mostly Beef and Pork, no chicken at all on the breakfast menu. None the less, enjoyed the beach views and coffee when it finally arrived. For supper, we dined at the V&A and various other establishments instead.

Pool, Spa and Gym are on the roof. Quite relaxing and views are fab.

The wifi is good however, reconnection is required after exiting and returning to the hotel.

I have stayed at various hotels in Cape Town, and this hotel underwhelmed me, I felt disrespected on various accounts. None the less, it is a good hotel with great potential but staff needs to wake up and realise that all visitors are important and not just tourists from outside S.A. I actually checked out my family and moved to another hotel for the last day in Cape Town.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
LagoonBeachTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Good Afternoon DrSingh5

I was actually shocked to read the concerns, as this type of service is unacceptable

We always strive to give our guests the best service and accommodation - we have obviously on this occasion dropped the ball and not lived up to the expectation and our standards. We do apologize for the Inconvenience caused during your stay with us at Lagoon Beach Hotel and Spa.

We trust that in the future we can Welcome you back and correct the wrongs of the previous stay.

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Receptionist wanted us to pay again. Imagine! Rooms were not cleaned properly daily. The carperts are not nice especially for us with sinuses. Carpets were also smelly. Basis props were not working. We found a dirty underwear under under the basis in the bathroom and it was there for the 5 days we were there.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LagoonBeachTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Good Afternoon joyjosinaq

Thank you so much for your feedback, review and bringing your experience to our attention.

We always strive to give our guests the best service and accommodation - we have obviously on this occasion dropped the ball and not lived up to the expectation and our standards. I would like to investigate your concerns and also address the shortcomings with the relevant departments.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.