“What happened?”

Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Have been going to this zoo for over 20 years with family, friends, out of town visitors etc.. Would go at least once or twice every two years or so. I have watched it grow from a small animal park to a large animal park with large Aquarium, many added indoor exhibits, multiple rides, popular Restaurant adjacent to Aquarium with mega glass enclosure, viewing a large fish tank for diner's viewing pleasure as they eat.

Over the years, I have watched the general admission rise close to what you would pay to get into some California Theme Parks. The vendors ( snack bars etc.) increased their prices on food and drinks, very similar to Ca. prices. (20 oz. bottled water $3.50). The few rides they had before they added new ones were very reasonable in price. They were not included in the general admission price. Once they added new rides, you can expect to pay $4-$6 per ride in addition to general admission.

During my last visit this October,, with family from out of town, I couldn't believe my eyes and was deeply embarrassed for them to see this place. Not sure where to start. The first thing was; everything was very overgrown. Many of the animal exhibits were so overgrown that it was hard to see any animals if in fact they were even in there. Some of the exhibits were in fact empty and showed signs of disrepair. Those that did have animals appeared overgrown and not very well maintained. The grounds in general were poorly maintained with quite a bit of natural foliage debris everywhere, You could be stepping on it, kicking it, tripping on it etc.. Most of the exhibits were likewise, and all of the ponds surrounding animal islands were littered with debris floating in the water and piled on the islands. Stopped at one of their picnic tables along the way, and it was all dry rotted out.

A lot of the animals somehow looked different; sort of not as healthy as they looked in the past. Not sure why. Maybe because their habitat was overgrown and restricting their already restricted way of life. Don't know, but it sure was different.

I believe this will be my last visit to this place. I find it hard to pay their price for such a rundown facility. It's sad, because in it's day, it was a really nice facility.

1  Thank Timeseeker
in 10 reviews
"bbq restaurant"
"per ride"
in 9 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
"entrance fee"
in 21 reviews
"enclosures"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2018

I was able to see more birds than I ever knew existed! Beautiful birds! The lion, cougar & leopards were beautiful & huge! The giraffes were beautiful, too! The place seemed to go on & on, lots to see! I’d highly recommend it!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Admission is a bit high-really too high for what you get. They have mostly birds and monkeys. I saw a review that questioned whether the animals are well cared for. I found myself wondering about that as well.

1  Thank Gina G
Reviewed October 2, 2018

My family and I enjoyed our time at the Wildlife Zoo. I love the petting zoo which has deer and farm animals that you can pet. You can get close to the giraffes also! And feed them! In addition they have the delicious Dillion's BBQ Restaurant at the zoo. This is a must for all families!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Andrea L
See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

My son who has autism and myself visited the park on a Sunday which was great. There wasn’t a lot of ppl but the rides were not open due to the attendance. There’s a huge park to walk so don’t go on a hot day like we did, there was a small section of the park that we didn’t get to see because we were exhausted from walking. My son was so excited to see the black back Jackal. It was the first time I had ever seen one in my life and I have been to many zoos. Take your time when you go and sit and rest along the way, there’s plenty of benches everywhere. The aquarium was really cool also. There’s a children’s playground and petting zoo. The food and drinks are very pricey so I suggest that you bring your own.

Date of experience: September 2018