Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great day trip

Friendly staff, specifically at the Giraffe encounter where they share details about the animals... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
TimmySafehands
Phoenix, Arizona
via mobile
A lot to see, plan accordingly

We headed to this zoo on our fall break (two families w/kids ages 7-12). Our hotel was in... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
cbjebe
Tucson, Arizona
via mobile

All reviews log ride feed the animals safari park bring quarters baby animal boat ride bbq restaurant indoor exhibits per ride wide variety of animals entrance fee sea lion show admission price sea life giraffe feeding station phoenix area enclosures
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

What an amazing place, even all of us Adults we loved this place , so many different types of birds I found so interesting. It must have been non tourist season because it was not busy which was nice it seemed we had the place to ourselves. We took our time and fed the Giraffes and laughed at the camel . Checked out all the reptiles . If you are ever close to this little gem I say stop in and laugh at the monkeys

Reviewed October 24, 2018

I would rate this zoo higher if it were not so expensive. $40/ea for adults. Coupons on line will get you $5 off each.

You can get close to the animals and the animals are not hiding, like in most zoos. The employees seem to enjoy their jobs and are very informative.

The paths are all dirt, so don't wear sandals. As long as there are no school buses in the parking lot, you will not feel in the least crowded.

1  Thank lapsrus
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Have been going to this zoo for over 20 years with family, friends, out of town visitors etc.. Would go at least once or twice every two years or so. I have watched it grow from a small animal park to a large animal park with large Aquarium, many added indoor exhibits, multiple rides, popular Restaurant adjacent to Aquarium with mega glass enclosure, viewing a large fish tank for diner's viewing pleasure as they eat.

Over the years, I have watched the general admission rise close to what you would pay to get into some California Theme Parks. The vendors ( snack bars etc.) increased their prices on food and drinks, very similar to Ca. prices. (20 oz. bottled water $3.50). The few rides they had before they added new ones were very reasonable in price. They were not included in the general admission price. Once they added new rides, you can expect to pay $4-$6 per ride in addition to general admission.

During my last visit this October,, with family from out of town, I couldn't believe my eyes and was deeply embarrassed for them to see this place. Not sure where to start. The first thing was; everything was very overgrown. Many of the animal exhibits were so overgrown that it was hard to see any animals if in fact they were even in there. Some of the exhibits were in fact empty and showed signs of disrepair. Those that did have animals appeared overgrown and not very well maintained. The grounds in general were poorly maintained with quite a bit of natural foliage debris everywhere, You could be stepping on it, kicking it, tripping on it etc.. Most of the exhibits were likewise, and all of the ponds surrounding animal islands were littered with debris floating in the water and piled on the islands. Stopped at one of their picnic tables along the way, and it was all dry rotted out.

A lot of the animals somehow looked different; sort of not as healthy as they looked in the past. Not sure why. Maybe because their habitat was overgrown and restricting their already restricted way of life. Don't know, but it sure was different.

I believe this will be my last visit to this place. I find it hard to pay their price for such a rundown facility. It's sad, because in it's day, it was a really nice facility.

1  Thank Timeseeker
Reviewed October 18, 2018

I was able to see more birds than I ever knew existed! Beautiful birds! The lion, cougar & leopards were beautiful & huge! The giraffes were beautiful, too! The place seemed to go on & on, lots to see! I’d highly recommend it!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Admission is a bit high-really too high for what you get. They have mostly birds and monkeys. I saw a review that questioned whether the animals are well cared for. I found myself wondering about that as well.

1  Thank Gina G