“View to kill”

Uva Mira Mountain Vineyards
Ranked #22 of 161 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Exceptional handcrafted wines with unparalleled views. Uva Mira Mountain Vineyards, as high as 620 metres above sea level on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountain Range, nestles against the Helderberg Nature Reserve. With breathtaking views over False Bay and Table Bay, often wrapped in clouds, a cool climate, sea breezes, a granite foundation and strong minerality of the soil, enhanced by acres of fynbos... nature does her work. Uva Mira - The Wonderful Grape.
Reviewed December 1, 2017

You can not imagine that any vineyards can be viable so high. Its a great "off the beaten track" wine farm to visit. The views on a clear day is 360degrees. Take a warmish jacket as the breeze can be cool - but beware of the sun! Remember the sunscreen.
We had a cheese platter with some Souvignon Blanc and it was superb - a bit pricey but worth the view.
Not ideal for kids - they will become bored quickly

1  Thank dezir_w
"ernie els"
"cheese"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Happened upon this vineyard late in the day. Arguably the best views around. The wines were fantastic as well, white and red. Sauv blanc and merlot stood out to me.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

We OFTEN visit Stellenbosch but I must admit that I had never been aware of this wine farm, despite the fact that it is on the Annandale Road.
The English translation from Latin is "grape wonderful". What is truly wonderful is the view from this, I think the highest, vineyard in Stellenbosch. One can even see False Bay.
The venue itself is attractive and the young lady who did the wine tasting was very friendly and efficient. Most of the wines we tasted were great, if on the expensive side.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Went to Uva Mira, high up on a hill top. This winery was recommended to us. Views were spectacular, and that we can not argue. However we principally go to wineries to taste their products...yes, a view is nice.
Graham was our server, and he had lots of interesting things to say. I tasted 5 wines. The Sauvignon Blanc was excellent, as was the Cab Sav. However I thought the Chardonnay was very unpleasant; the merlot was odd for that variety and the Shiraz was Pinot Noir like…not my favourite.
We found the wines quite pricey and not really worthy of all the high praise..However that is why there are so many wineries...to each their own.

1  Thank mokinator10
See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2017

We visited this winery on a brief tour of wineries in the Stellenbosch area. The winery is in an absolutely gorgeous location 620 meters above sea level. From the tasting room you can see the ocean (I guess to the south). The people are very friendly and very well versed in their wines. Not usually Chardonnay drinkers, my wife and I were surprised by how delicious there only slightly oaked Mira Chard was. We were also a little famished and ordered a cheese plate. Very substantial platter of cheeses and bread arrived and everything was extremely tasty. Cabernet Sauvignon Mira was also very drinkable. Highly recommend a visit to this winery if you are in the area.

1  Thank DGAeats