“Coffee and steaks second to none!”
Review of Cafe Art

Cafe Art
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: Barbecue, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in Blom Street adjacent to the P. J. Olivier Art Institute and against Checkers parking area inStellenbosch with easy access from the Braak. The rustically renovated venue under a Bedouin tent with a fireplace , great coffee and a simple yet varied menu giving good value for money in a comfortable setting. The theme of classic movies, art and music are combined with good personal service and neat surrounds.The theme and decor are inspired by the thoughts and interests of the owners for music , art , classic films , simple food and rustic structures combined with the idea of offering locals with similar interests a venue to meet and interact. By means of constant exposure we hope to determine and adapt to the changing needs of patrons while retaining the basic theme and atmosphere of Cafe Art. All suggestions to improve or vary what we offer will be considered and if viable, be implemented. We can comfortably offer functions for as few as 10 people to as many as 150.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Cafe Art is a relaxing, friendly place with caring, attentive owner and staff. Best coffee / cappuccino's and lunch time steak braai's in the greater Stellenbosch region, at a very affordable price for locals. Foreign visitors can have an authentic South African dining experience with potjiekos and/or a braai.

Highly recommended for tourists and locals!

1  Thank Jade G

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I'm intuitively drawn to places that accentuate my mood instead of interfering with it. Cafe Art has never let me down with it's homely, bohemian ambiance, world-class coffee and breakfast special offerings.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they've diversified their lunch menu to include chilli con carne served in a tortilla basket.

Thankfully, the quality of this meal outdid it's enticing presentation with a tasty ground beef & bean stew on bed of fluffy rice with coriander garnishing infusing the tortilla basket with a wholesome culinary presence. Once I added the grated cheese, salsa, cream cheese and avocado I felt like a culinary Picasso with no desire to exhibit my artwork for longer than it takes for cutlery to gravitate to plate.

I felt satisfied and energized for the rest of the day without the post-lunchtime lethargy that often comes standard with most main courses. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love to visit this restaurant for breakfast.

It is simple but cozy and has great coffee. The menu is good for a snack and the food inexpensive for large portions.

However, there is one drawback. The fireplace (which is a great idea) is always smokey and you must beware if you have breakfast on your way to work.

Despite that, we always love to enjoy breakfast before work.

Lizelle R, Owner at Cafe Art, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thanks to all our guests for their reviews regarding Cafe Art Coffee Shop & Function Venue - Your feedback enlightens us to the changes needed (such as a smokey fireplace) tom make your future visits even more enjoyable!
All your critique and suggestions will be taken to heart.
We look forward to serve you in the future
Regards ,
Lizelle

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We saw the breakfast special (eggs, bacon, toast, tomato AND coffee) for R20-00. Did not expect much for the price, but what a surprise! The place is a little gem, warm and cosy with a great atmosphere and the coffee was probably the best I ever had. My daughter had a hot chocolate, rich and creamy. Yum!

1  Thank Karin d
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went for dinner with my family tonight, on a freezing Stellies night! But from the moment we walked in it felt warm and cozy! The place was nice and full of student gathering for the same reason we were there, "The Potjie Kos"! The small set of staff made us at home with personal attention and chef Willem filling us to the brim with his home made Lam Pot and by far the best Malfa pudding!!!

1  Thank Van Zyl v