“Amazing winery”

and up
Full-Day Cape Winelands Tour from Franschhoek
Ranked #13 of 161 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled between majestic mountains and overlooking the vineyards of Stellenbosch, Delaire Graff Estate is South Africa's most desirable art, hospitality and wine destination. A magnificent Cape Winelands property, it boasts two outstanding restaurants, a state-of-the-art winery, exclusive lodges, a destination spa and luxury boutiques. Striking Cape Dutch architecture meets African artefacts and styling, with original artworks from Laurence Graff's personal collection on display throughout, representing some of South Africa's finest contemporary artists.
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Very beautiful winery. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the guides do great tours and the tasting facilities are amazing! Great wines with a broad array of tasting options.

1  Thank Kersten H
in 110 reviews
"sculptures"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2018

This is how wine tasting should always be done. We sat at an outside table on the balcony on a beautiful sunny day, overlooking the mountains and vineyards for a truely amazing experience. We sampled 5 different types of wines and were given a clear and detailed explanation about where the grapes came from and what to expect with the taste of each wine. We could have easily stayed here all day to explore the grounds and incredible artwork. This was an experience to remember and a highlight of our visit to the Stellenbosch area.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

We really enjoyed the vibe of this property and had a great experience doing a quick wine tasting and walk around the grounds. The drive up to the estate was beautiful, and this is definitely a well-run establishment. Our server for the Wine Tasting, Axwin, was very knowledgeable and super friendly! We really enjoyed our time there!

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This review is only for the wine tasting. Out of all of the wineries that we went to, this was by far the most extravagant. After our first wine pour, I asked the server a question about the grapes that were grown there. He simply looked at me and said, "If you listened carefully, I said...". First of all, it's sometimes difficult for me to completely understand people from other countries due to accent differences. Secondly, even if he already said the answer to my question, the courteous thing to do would be to repeat the answer. It's quite perplexing to me that with all of the money spent at Delaire Graff Estate, they don't spend time training their staff to be courteous and respectful towards patrons.

I personally wouldn't recommended going to this winery for a wine tasting. It's quite sad to be treated in this manner on my honeymoon.

2  Thank Kim G