Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Delaire Graff Estate
from US$200.00
More Info
from US$74.90
More Info
All reviews wine tasting indochine restaurant our waiter on display tasting room cheese board beautiful setting western cape great wine sauvignon blanc stellenbosch area south africa art diamonds statues estate winery
Reviewed February 12, 2018

This is my first visit to a South African wine estate, and we were quite taken by the scenery here and the way they maintain it. The wine tasting was good. Our waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant. He excelled in satisfying us and even produced a wine which was not in the list for tasting!

I would not want to visit another wine estate for fear of spoiling my expectations from there as Delaire Graff has set their standards very very high.

I forgot my hat in their restroom and when I went to collect it after 5 hours, found it labelled with a DG card at the reception. That card is my souvenir from DG and I am safe guarding it.

We visited many places in Capetown, but DG Estates rates as the absolute no.1

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Second visit to Delaire Graff, first two years ago and this visit we were disappointed.
Beautiful setting and stunning scenery, let down by not so good wine tasting and a very annoying waiter that was more keen to leave an order form to have wine ‘shipped’ to the UK than to explain wine we were tasting......sorry I think it is too commercialised now !

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank milkyway1954
Reviewed February 5, 2018

We had heard good reports about Delaire wine and on our last day in South Africa decided we would visit the estate and hopefully buy a couple of cases of wine for export back to the UK. My wife and I arrived about 11am and having driven there from Cape Town was dying for a cup of coffee before the wine tasting. First impressions were good we went to the wine tasting area and said we wanted a coffee before reviewing the wines and they sent us to the restaurant area. We asked for a couple of coffees but were met with a response that we could only have coffee if we had lunch! What at 11am in the morning! I could have asked to see the manager but do you know life’s too short, we left. So instead of allowing us to purchase a couple of coffees for about 50 rand without lunch they passed by an opportunity of probably a sale of maybe 2000 rand. I suppose they don’t need our money. We went elsewhere to another vineyard enjoyed their coffee and wine and made a purchase to enjoy when we arrive home.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Clive R
Reviewed February 4, 2018

This was the best experience for wine tasting we had during our trip to South Africa.
The place is beautiful with stunning views. The waiter was very friendly and gave us a real good explanation on the wines we were tasting. We ordered some delicious finger food to nibble on and felt in paradise.
We could have stayed for ever

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

This doesn't need a review, just go! Glorious vistas and lovely wine. Indifferent service at the Wine Lounge but that was the only blip in a very memorable evening. We didn't have time for the proper wine tour so did a little 15-min ride around the estate in a golf cart with the lovely Terence who quickly talked us through things.

Date of experience: January 2018