“Not a friendly as most places”

Delaire Graff Estate
Book In Advance
More Info
US$52.08*
and up
Full-Day Cape Winelands Tour from Franschhoek
Ranked #13 of 161 things to do in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled between majestic mountains and overlooking the vineyards of Stellenbosch, Delaire Graff Estate is South Africa's most desirable art, hospitality and wine destination. A magnificent Cape Winelands property, it boasts two outstanding restaurants, a state-of-the-art winery, exclusive lodges, a destination spa and luxury boutiques. Striking Cape Dutch architecture meets African artefacts and styling, with original artworks from Laurence Graff's personal collection on display throughout, representing some of South Africa's finest contemporary artists.
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Wines were OK, but the atmosphere a bit stuffy. One of our party of four was not tasting, but they would not serve her a coffee or soft drink. Nice views.

1  Thank vincenth1959
in 110 reviews
"sculptures"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2018

This is my first visit to a South African wine estate, and we were quite taken by the scenery here and the way they maintain it. The wine tasting was good. Our waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant. He excelled in satisfying us and even produced a wine which was not in the list for tasting!

I would not want to visit another wine estate for fear of spoiling my expectations from there as Delaire Graff has set their standards very very high.

I forgot my hat in their restroom and when I went to collect it after 5 hours, found it labelled with a DG card at the reception. That card is my souvenir from DG and I am safe guarding it.

We visited many places in Capetown, but DG Estates rates as the absolute no.1

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Second visit to Delaire Graff, first two years ago and this visit we were disappointed.
Beautiful setting and stunning scenery, let down by not so good wine tasting and a very annoying waiter that was more keen to leave an order form to have wine ‘shipped’ to the UK than to explain wine we were tasting......sorry I think it is too commercialised now !

2  Thank milkyway1954
Reviewed February 5, 2018

We had heard good reports about Delaire wine and on our last day in South Africa decided we would visit the estate and hopefully buy a couple of cases of wine for export back to the UK. My wife and I arrived about 11am and having driven there from Cape Town was dying for a cup of coffee before the wine tasting. First impressions were good we went to the wine tasting area and said we wanted a coffee before reviewing the wines and they sent us to the restaurant area. We asked for a couple of coffees but were met with a response that we could only have coffee if we had lunch! What at 11am in the morning! I could have asked to see the manager but do you know life’s too short, we left. So instead of allowing us to purchase a couple of coffees for about 50 rand without lunch they passed by an opportunity of probably a sale of maybe 2000 rand. I suppose they don’t need our money. We went elsewhere to another vineyard enjoyed their coffee and wine and made a purchase to enjoy when we arrive home.

1  Thank Clive R